Npa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Npa

if you could get them to help you with anything what would it be?
    all constructive thoughts will be passed on
    keep it clean please!!!

Helped this week re script for Dalmane.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
      keep it clean please!!!
      They aren't here to help us are they - they represent the employers.

If for example you had a problem with the society (say a statt comm thing) and your employer would not back you up, neither would the NPA.

I can't see how they help the pharmacist in any way really, but I'd be happy if you put some examples down on here to prove me wrong.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

I always find the info dept helpful.

Re drug availability, allowable on FP10, who makes it, etc.
        Malaria advice.

That sort of thing never had to use them for anything else though.
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
        pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
        eloquent-e-tales

Comment

keep it clean please!!!
          All community pharmacy owners are now members of the NPA.
          All community pharmacists should therefore have access to the NPA web pages and on-line information.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff

All pharmacists do have access
            the web site is available to all and if you want to go into the members section you just need your membership number.

Also the database that the information department use, to answer the 800 queries that they get every day, is now available on line.

i hope this helps

Comment

Do you mean your RPSGB nbr or NPA nbr. Only employers have these, or can I just use anyone's on my home cptr?
              johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                Do you mean your RPSGB nbr or NPA nbr. Only employers have these, or can I just use anyone's on my home cptr?
                johnep
                Just the question I was about to ask!
                Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

The NPA has a scheme for pre-reg apps for the independents. Would it be possible to set a similar one up for summer vacation placements?

Comment

johnep
                    your NPA member number from any computer linked to web - go to www.npa.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by hannahd View Post
                      The NPA has a scheme for pre-reg apps for the independents. Would it be possible to set a similar one up for summer vacation placements?
                      thank you for the idea I will look into it

Comment

your NPA member number from any computer linked to web - go to www.npa.co.uk
                        Simon

I don't have a NPA number - I'm a locum. What can I do ?

Comment

Yep, me too. What I wanted to know was if we could simply take the NPA nbr of the pharmacy we have been working in and use it at home to get access to NPA website? dragon at llds forbids access to internet by onyone other than herself.

Comment

Originally posted by hannahd View Post
                            the "pre-reg" scheme is already set up to work with summer placements. The problem is that employers are not putting positions into the system.
                            so if any one would like to offer summer placements (and/or similar short term learning opportunities) the resource is there to attract the people.

Comment

Yep, me too. What I wanted to know was if we could simply take the NPA nbr of the pharmacy we have been working in and use it at home to get access to NPA website? dragon at llds forbids access to internet by onyone other than herself.
                              you can get onto npa.co.uk from anywhere. then at the top right of the screen is a login section which will allow you access to all parts of the site. If you dont have a login/member number there are still usefull areas of the web site that you can use.

Comment

Working...
                              X