Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advertising of Locum Agencies

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Advertising of Locum Agencies

    I have no objection to regular users of this forum recommending locum agencies to each other, as sharing of information is what the site is all about, but I have to delete blatent ads from agencies.

    If you are planning on trying to advertise your locum agency for free on this site, then don't - it will be deleted.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

  • #2
    Locum Agency Advert

    Damn,
    I was just about to start one up and advertise it here.
    Mind you there's only me on the books so far, and I only do saturdays.
    So it looks like I'm booked up, and so there's no point advertising anyway.
    Wonder if it would keep more in my pocket and less in Gordon's (Gordon Brown that is not the Gin chappie)
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

    If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

    Comment


    • #3
      Admin: why not charge them for advertising? Saves you the time and hassle of searching and deleting the ads and can help with costs of running this forum?

      You could also have a special section where you can charge companies/independents to advertise pre-reg places/placements?

      It's just a suggestion. I know that you set this forum up for non-commercial reasons but it could evolve...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hannahd View Post
        Admin: why not charge them for advertising? Saves you the time and hassle of searching and deleting the ads and can help with costs of running this forum?

        You could also have a special section where you can charge companies/independents to advertise pre-reg places/placements?

        It's just a suggestion. I know that you set this forum up for non-commercial reasons but it could evolve...
        Well I guess it's a thought. I didn't start this off to make money from it, it actually costs me cash, but not a lot I admit.

        Maybe if we grow more (say up to a 1000 users) I could consider some ads on the site to contribute to the costs.
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Advertising of Locum Agencies

          I know im probably in the wrong forum here-(locum Forum), but have you got alot of members who eithr own or work for an independant pharmacy, as i would be quite interested in advertsing and supporting the site.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Advertising of Locum Agencies

            I've used Pharmaseekers. They are based in Darwen and are very professional.

            Used Preferred Locums and Pulse too. Advise you all to stay away from them.

            I have friends who use Easylocums and they are always rated highly.

            This is from my experiences as a locum. Not sure how it would work if you wanted to book a locum.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Advertising of Locum Agencies

              Originally posted by amit View Post
              I've used Pharmaseekers. They are based in Darwen and are very professional.

              Used Preferred Locums and Pulse too. Advise you all to stay away from them.

              I have friends who use Easylocums and they are always rated highly.

              This is from my experiences as a locum. Not sure how it would work if you wanted to book a locum.
              I guess it all depends on your experience. I used to get bookings from one of the agencies you mention, but after being double booked FIVE times in less then one month I left them.

              I also find some agencies just outright lie to me.

              If you find a good one you are happy with - stick with them!
              Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
              Thank you for contributing to this site.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Advertising of Locum Agencies

                Originally posted by admin View Post
                I guess it all depends on your experience. I used to get bookings from one of the agencies you mention, but after being double booked FIVE times in less then one month I left them.

                I also find some agencies just outright lie to me.

                If you find a good one you are happy with - stick with them!
                Well, a bit of a teasing here!

                I find that sometimes they are better than others. I've been lied to by one of these agencies, but that was some time ago, and I've also been badly mauled by a multiple area manager. I think its just a question of avoiding the barbarians.
                ....just my opinion

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Advertising of Locum Agencies

                  Originally posted by admin View Post
                  Maybe if we grow more (say up to a 1000 users) I could consider some ads on the site to contribute to the costs.
                  Well?

                  and congrats on getting to the 1000

                  Jeff

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Advertising of Locum Agencies

                    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    Well?

                    and congrats on getting to the 1000

                    Jeff
                    Thanks

                    I'm still thinking on it !

                    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                    Thank you for contributing to this site.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Advertising of Locum Agencies

                      Which agencies do not required job referencies ?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Advertising of Locum Agencies

                        What have you got to hide?
                        johnep

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Advertising of Locum Agencies

                          Originally posted by ballpoint View Post
                          Which agencies do not required job referencies ?
                          so, just to make all this understandable, the post to which this refers has been deleted by a moderator for blatant advertising.

                          Welcome to the forum, ballpoint!
                          ....just my opinion

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Advertising of Locum Agencies

                            Originally posted by johnep View Post
                            What have you got to hide?
                            johnep
                            nothing to hide at all Just i'm newly qualified and don't wanna ask for them from my present permament employer (I also did my pre-reg there).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Advertising of Locum Agencies

                              From post 7: I guess it all depends on your experience. I used to get bookings from one of the agencies you mention, but after being double booked FIVE times in less then one month I left them.

                              I also find some agencies just outright lie to me.


                              Come on admin - spill the beans!

                              I've had poor experiences with pulse and preferred; the more enthusiastic they are, the worse the job is. And they promise one rate, and when you get paid a lower rate, they won't back you: they would rather keep the pharmacies on board than keep the goodwill of their locums.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X