Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Paid on Time !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getting Paid on Time !

    Hi Locums

    A certain large chain owes me for a day's work from 14th July. They agency have been telling me for weeks that they are onto it. Does anyone else wait this long for payment?
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

  • #2
    Ask them to pay the standard rate of interest (about 4.5% i think currently) on the amount owing from one month from the date the amount was owed. (That sentence reads like some bank blurb... ). So if they owe you £200 that's approx £20 more over the two months from August 14 to now. Otherwise threaten with legal action...always works for me. No one should tolerate waiting this long to be paid. Takes the P!ss.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by N.T
      Ask them to pay the standard rate of interest (about 4.5% i think currently) on the amount owing from one month from the date the amount was owed. (That sentence reads like some bank blurb... ). So if they owe you £200 that's approx £20 more over the two months from August 14 to now. Otherwise threaten with legal action...always works for me. No one should tolerate waiting this long to be paid. Takes the P!ss.
      Yeah you're right. It's over £350 as well, so that interest might add up a bit!
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

      Comment


      • #4
        Getting paid on time

        I still haven't been paid for my days work from 14th July. I keep asking the agency I work for to follow it up, but to be honest I don't believe thay are doing anything.

        I have now asked them to send me the telephone number of the person I need to contact - again nothing! Not even a reply.


        Last edited by admin; 19, October 2006, 11:26 PM.
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

        Comment


        • #5
          Admin
          What's a "telephone letter"?
          Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Zoggite
            Admin
            What's a "telephone letter"?
            Whoops - edited out just in time!
            Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
            Thank you for contributing to this site.

            Comment


            • #7
              Payment...

              Originally posted by admin
              I still haven't been paid for my days work from 14th July. I keep asking the agency I work for to follow it up, but to be honest I don't believe thay are doing anything.

              I have now asked them to send me the telephone number of the person I need to contact - again nothing! Not even a reply.


              When you do eventually get paid make sure that you don't use them again, or if it is the pharmacy, don't work for them again.
              If you name and shame then we can all spread the word that they are a risk.

              How about taking a booking and not turning up.
              Six months later you arrive saying sorry I'm late from the 20th October!
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

              If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pharmanaut
                When you do eventually get paid make sure that you don't use them again, or if it is the pharmacy, don't work for them again.
                If you name and shame then we can all spread the word that they are a risk.

                How about taking a booking and not turning up.
                Six months later you arrive saying sorry I'm late from the 20th October!
                The thing is they usually pay within a reasonable amount of time. They also pay over £350 per day which is good. I don't know what's gone wrong this time.
                Last edited by admin; 21, October 2006, 12:50 PM.
                Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                Thank you for contributing to this site.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Daily Rate

                  Originally posted by admin
                  The thing is they usually pay within a reasonable amount of time. They also pay over £350 per day which is good. I don't now what's gone wrong this time.
                  You must tell me who they are for when I want to cut down to 2 or 3 days per week!
                  47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                  2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                  How times change.

                  If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Tell me too!
                    Linnear MRPharmS

                    Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

                    In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.



                    For handy pharmacy links try
                    pharmacistance.co.uk

                    If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                    eloquent-e-tales

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Put the name in the private pharmacist section.
                      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                      Thank you for contributing to this site.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        call them and tell them u have called pda (pharmacist defence association!)!
                        that will scare them - then if thy still dont pay - call the pda! they can be very helpful with pay problems!

                        goodluck x

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X