locum looking for work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locum looking for work

Hi, does anybody know of any pharmacies needing a locum around the North West London Edgware area?

Sharon

looking for work

Hi sharon

i'm looking for work, any work! recently moved to london and need to start workin asap! lol

let me know what ur lookin for

Comment

When I had the misfortune of locuming in London I found Locumlink had the most work....nearly all Boots pharmacies tho. And in rather 'vibrant' areas.

Can't find their phone number at the moment...Google 'locumlink'.

Comment

locum work

Fact of life that North West London and Birmingham have no shortage of pharmacists.

I retired to East Anglia because it has been highlighted as one of the areas with a shortage. Multiple recently contacted me with 8 vacancies in my area.
        johnep

Comment

John

So do you do locums?
          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

I am a newly qualified pharmacist and having done my prereg in london and working under locums who seemed to find plenty of work in london i was under the illusion that I wouldnt have trouble finding locum work but I was wrong as a result I have decided to relocate and get a permanent job.

The truth is to find work you need to relocate or try ringing all the pharmacies in your area

Comment

Ever heard the expression "It's never easier to find a job than when you've already got one!"?
              I wonder if employers/pharmacy owners think "Hmm, how come he's not snowed under in offers for work, there must be something wrong with him or he wouldn't be short of work..."?
              Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

looking for work

Elaine, why so surprised that I do locums?

Have always done locum work throughout my years teaching and in industry.

Good job I kept my hand in as very easy to get out of practice and a modern busy pharmacy can be a frightening place. see the stress leaflet in this week's RPSGB fees mailing.

Fifty years registration coming up in January 2007. After that will try to cut down, six days working next week starting with Sunday rota.
                johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                  Elaine, why so surprised that I do locums?

Have always done locum work throughout my years teaching and in industry.

Good job I kept my hand in as very easy to get out of practice and a modern busy pharmacy can be a frightening place. see the stress leaflet in this week's RPSGB fees mailing.

Fifty years registration coming up in January 2007. After that will try to cut down, six days working next week starting with Sunday rota.
                  johnep
                  I'm not surprised John, I was just asking. It's great that you do locums, and a good way to keep your hand in as you put it. I can't manage a six day week, so hat off to yer mate.
                  Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                  Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

locum work

Oh, next week just happens to be hopefully a one off, usually I try to work no more than 2-3 days. When started locums after retirement from industry, I worked mainly for an independent with four shops, his manager left and I found myself working full time for several weeks. Had already contracted to do some Saturdays and Sundays so at one time worked nine days on the trot
                    ie two weekends and the week between.
                    Local 100 hour supermarket pharmacies would love me to do 7am until 11pm shifts, but not for me!
                    johnep

Comment

Oh, next week just happens to be hopefully a one off, usually I try to work no more than 2-3 days. When started locums after retirement from industry, I worked mainly for an independent with four shops, his manager left and I found myself working full time for several weeks. Had already contracted to do some Saturdays and Sundays so at one time worked nine days on the trot
                      ie two weekends and the week between.
                      Local 100 hour supermarket pharmacies would love me to do 7am until 11pm shifts, but not for me!
                      johnep
                      I've been offered hours like those you mention, but how can anybody really do 7am to 11pm and keep their mind fresh? Surely nobody can, so how is that safe practice?

What did you do in industry John? Which company?

Comment

industry

Left community pharmacy in 1961 because I was fed up with the hours.
                        Became a rep for Roche and had a great time, very few reps in those days and Drs welcomed us.

Then joined Bush Boake Allen as a marketing manager trying to drag a company founded in the 1700s into the modern age. Business was galenicals and had five enjoyable years during which had first experience of business travel with a trip to the Far East. However, obvious that galenicals were fading fast and rejoined Roche as Export manager for their chemical division selling bulk vitamins. Visited Africa where we were trying to get Vit A into the population by various means, adding to vegetable oil, sugar etc. One idea was to add Vit A to tea dust sold locally as compressed bricks. This gave me a magical trip across the rift valley from Nairobi to Kericho.

Lots of visits to Ireland where local dairies were beginning to produce babyfoods and were looking for vitamins to add. I also toured the Caribbean and Malta.

I got very used to turning left when getting on planes.

The limited list brought Roche crashing down and I was made redundant at 52.

Unable to get another managerial job I spent a year in community until a chance encounter led me back to repping again with Leo.

Managed to stay on for eighteen months following 65 and had most enjoyable time working three days a week covering London hospitals selling Low Molecular weight Heparin. Finally retired in 2001 and have been locumming ever since.

January 16th 2007 is my Golden anniversary, having had to pay nearly £300 just to stay registered until then, I will continue for next year, perhaps concentrating on MURs. Then who knows?

As someone said to me at the start of my career 'being an employee pharmacist will never make you rich, but you should be comfortable' and I am.
                        johhnep

Comment

Left community pharmacy in 1961 because I was fed up with the hours.
                          Became a rep for Roche and had a great time, very few reps in those days and Drs welcomed us.

Then joined Bush Boake Allen as a marketing manager trying to drag a company founded in the 1700s into the modern age. Business was galenicals and had five enjoyable years during which had first experience of business travel with a trip to the Far East. However, obvious that galenicals were fading fast and rejoined Roche as Export manager for their chemical division selling bulk vitamins. Visited Africa where we were trying to get Vit A into the population by various means, adding to vegetable oil, sugar etc. One idea was to add Vit A to tea dust sold locally as compressed bricks. This gave me a magical trip across the rift valley from Nairobi to Kericho.

Lots of visits to Ireland where local dairies were beginning to produce babyfoods and were looking for vitamins to add. I also toured the Caribbean and Malta.

I got very used to turning left when getting on planes.

The limited list brought Roche crashing down and I was made redundant at 52.

Unable to get another managerial job I spent a year in community until a chance encounter led me back to repping again with Leo.

Managed to stay on for eighteen months following 65 and had most enjoyable time working three days a week covering London hospitals selling Low Molecular weight Heparin. Finally retired in 2001 and have been locumming ever since.

January 16th 2007 is my Golden anniversary, having had to pay nearly £300 just to stay registered until then, I will continue for next year, perhaps concentrating on MURs. Then who knows?

As someone said to me at the start of my career 'being an employee pharmacist will never make you rich, but you should be comfortable' and I am.
                          johhnep

how much u earning
                          3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Originally posted by chockchock View Post
                            I am a newly qualified pharmacist and having done my prereg in london and working under locums who seemed to find plenty of work in london i was under the illusion that I wouldnt have trouble finding locum work but I was wrong as a result I have decided to relocate and get a permanent job.

The truth is to find work you need to relocate or try ringing all the pharmacies in your area
                            chockchock - so you struggled to find work in london but the locums you worked with had lots of work..do you think this is because you are newly qualified? or your locum agency was rubbish? what areas of london are you talking about? cheers x

Comment

Originally posted by giggsy View Post
                              how much u earning
                              You're obsessed with the money. Why don't you look for a job in the city?

Comment

Working...
                              X