Quinine 300mg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinine 300mg

I'm currently working at boots pharmacy before i go back to uni and i know everyone has their fairshair of rude customers but this lady was just plain silly...

She had brought in a packet of Quinine 300mg and explained she had been on them for years but they used to be much larger tablets, and now with a newer brand they are smaller. She told me that alphapharm are liers and the tablets were not 300mg but yet 150mg, dont ask me how she came to that conclusion. She just wouldnt accept it, even after i told her about all the quality testing bla bla.. so she threw the package at me and told me to tell my manager.. then stormed off and let her script

so yeah im so looking forward to be qualified

arnt customers just the greatest people u could ever meet im glad im now workin in hospital pharmacy and dont have to encounter the nasty bastards

Comment

Originally posted by mm45
      I'm currently working at boots pharmacy before i go back to uni and i know everyone has their fairshair of rude customers but this lady was just plain silly...

She had brought in a packet of Quinine 300mg and explained she had been on them for years but they used to be much larger tablets, and now with a newer brand they are smaller. She told me that alphapharm are liers and the tablets were not 300mg but yet 150mg, dont ask me how she came to that conclusion. She just wouldnt accept it, even after i told her about all the quality testing bla bla.. so she threw the package at me and told me to tell my manager.. then stormed off and let her script

so yeah im so looking forward to be qualified

Ask Jeff about this. he can explain how this is failing on pharmacy's part for you!
      Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
      pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
      eloquent-e-tales

Comment

lol well to be fair alot of customers are lovely and really apprechaite the service but then theres the ones i just wana scream at!

I havent really had a chance to experience hospital pharmacy, how are you getting on with it?

Comment

tell u the truth i dont like it, community is so much better and belive it or not i am kind of missin the customers

Comment

Originally posted by love
            tell u the truth i dont like it, community is so much better and belive it or not i am kind of missin the customers
            Whats going wrong in the hospital? I much preferred my hospital jobs to retail.

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
            Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
              Ask Jeff about this. he can explain how this is failing on pharmacy's part for you!
              Failure of continuity of supply - even the Dave Cousins of the NPSA has accused pharmacy of putting profits before patients in its attempts to get the cheapest generic of the day.

Failure of continuity of care - staff should have been aware of this ladies peculiarities and needs.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff
                Failure of continuity of supply - even the Dave Cousins of the NPSA has accused pharmacy of putting profits before patients in its attempts to get the cheapest generic of the day.

Failure of continuity of care - staff should have been aware of this ladies peculiarities and needs.

Jeff
                Peculiarities and needs? She threw the packet at her! Isn't that violence?

I bet if the woman was paying for her quinine, and one packet was £3 and the other £12 for the same drug, she would be happy to use the £3 one.

What do you think our hospitals use? They buy in bulk the cheapest brands they can find. Are people dropping like flies because of this? I think not, because they don't usually see the packet it came out of, just a few tablets in a small cup, so the psychological element is removed and they happily take what they are given.

If you work at a large chain of stores, you often have no choice but to use whichever brand the company tells you to, so there could have well been no way this womans favourite brand could have been got anyway.

The failure was on the customers part here. If the size of her little white tablets is so important to her, she should have made that clear to the pharmacy before she collected her prescription, and at least given them the chance to try to get them for her.

Nobody, including this young pharmacy student, should have to put up with stock being thrown at them. If you did it in Tesco's the security guard would bounce you right out of there, and so he should. It's people who are prepared to make mugs of themselves that make the public think it's ok to act in this way in a pharmacy.

As for continuity of supply, are you willing to give customers drugs that cost more then the drug tariff pays us? If it's so important, and sometimes it is, then we should be able to endorse which brand we used and get paid for it, or the Dr should foot the bill. You can't just give company money away, it's no different to stealing from them.
                Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Yeah i understand, we have had a lot of customers that request specific brands and we always go out of our way as much as possible to get the right brand for the customer. But this lady wasnt even in the pharmacy for the quinine, she was in for another script.. just happened to bring the quinine in from another pharmacy to tell me that the drug company was ripping her off... when i tried to explain she just got uppity about it, so much for people trusting the proffesion.

btw im a him not a her lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeff]Failure of continuity of supply - even the Dave Cousins of the NPSA has accused pharmacy of putting profits before patients in its attempts to get the cheapest generic of the day. [quote]

I've been accused of many things. Doesn't make it so. Even if it is what's wrong with trying to make a little more than the 90p dispensing fee. or should we work at a loss just to keep moanig joe public happy?

Jeff
                    For the love of all that's holy tell me you're joking.

If not I've got some magic beans to sell you. It's OK it's one of my peculiarities and you should pander to it.
                    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by mm45
                      Yeah i understand, we have had a lot of customers that request specific brands and we always go out of our way as much as possible to get the right brand for the customer. But this lady wasnt even in the pharmacy for the quinine, she was in for another script.. just happened to bring the quinine in from another pharmacy to tell me that the drug company was ripping her off... when i tried to explain she just got uppity about it, so much for people trusting the proffesion.

btw im a him not a her lol
                      Sorry - I don't know why I thought you were female!

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                        Whats going wrong in the hospital? I much preferred my hospital jobs to retail.

hospital isnt that bad bad but i enjoyed community so much more because its a smaller department u get ur regular customers , and i enjoyed working and learning bout otc medicines. i think i have got to get used to the routine of workin in the hospital

Comment

Love

Ok fair enough, each to their own as they say....

Comment

Are you for real?

Come on. What's going on? What these people need is to go to a third world country and see the suffering and agony of parents for whom just finding food to feed their children is a daily struggle or to see the population of that country under some despot ruler killing all and sundry for a so called democracy.

In many countries the idea of an NHS system which subsidises their healthcare or the provision of clean water for drinking is just a pipe-dream. We are now told to look at continuity of care because the tablet some patient received was too small even though the explanation was simple it was totally disregarded. Does this not indicate to us that the general public don't perceive us as professionals because they don't trust us when we tell them something? Experts on medicines? Not according to this customer(notice "customer" and not patient/client).

Professional person has clients/patients, shop keeper has customers. When's the last time a doctor or nurse referred to his\her patients as customers?

We are a pseudo-profession. Chin up and fight the good fight. Chalk this one down to experience it may be your first but certainly not your last.

Comment

Originally posted by Amba
                              We are now told to look at continuity of care because the tablet some patient received was too small even though the explanation was simple it was totally disregarded. Does this not indicate to us that the general public don't perceive us as professionals because they don't trust us when we tell them something?
                              No - it's one patient and one pharmacist. How many others don't complain - and believe what they are told (however innacurate)
                              http://tinyurl.com/oaaqh
                              "Mrs Gorman assured her that she had been supplied with the correct tablets and said that the change of colour was because the tablets were from a different manufacturer with different packaging."
                              There's a whole book on harm minimisation in that sentence.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X