Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove the troller ?

Hi Everyone

The member "Universal Angel" is trolling this forum. For a definition of this: -

In Internetterminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls. Often, trolls assume multiple aliases, or sock puppets.

For some reason, probably only known to themselves, these people find some kind of perverse pleasure by attempting to dominate a forum with a single issue, and generally attempting to upset it's members. Every on-line forum suffers these people from time to time, and we are no exception.

The line basically taken by this member is that she is a unique individual, who is so perfect in every word and deed, that she condisers herself to be classified as one of God's angels. An ego as large as that is fine, but the offensive part of this is her seemingly gloating at the prospect of most of the members on the forum (if not all) being sent to hell, for eternal torture, while she gleefully looks on.

I am personally not a qualified psychiatrist or psychologist, but I have some experience in the mental health field, and have formed some opinions as to why a person would think and behave in this way. Having said that, it is not within the scope of this forum to attempt to diagnose or attempt any form of treatment of such a member. Therefore the nature and content of the posts of this member will probably remain similiar in style and content.

There remains, as I see it, only these possible solutions to this trolling problem: -

1. Leave her to keep trolling as she has been doing
    2. Edit/remove any posts on the current trolling subject line, and leave those (if any) on genuine pharmacy matters
    3. Remove the member from the forum - ban user name and IP address from accessing the website

If anyone has any other ideas or opinions, then please let them be known.

Please cast your vote, so I know what the members who use this forum would like me to do.

Elaine - starter of the forum
    Leave the member to continue trolling the forum
    44.44%
    Edit or delete offensive posts
    16.67%
    Remove the user and ban their IP address
    38.89%
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

This equates to treatment of OTC addiction as refusal to supply.

Refusal to supply isn't treatment.

The problem doesn't just disappear - it moves on - and becomes someone elses problem.

The misuser remains a misuser and the troll remains a troll.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff
      This equates to treatment of OTC addiction as refusal to supply.

Refusal to supply isn't treatment.

The problem doesn't just disappear - it moves on - and becomes someone elses problem.

The misuser remains a misuser and the troll remains a troll.

Jeff
      Thanks Jeff - for your opinion and taking the time to vote.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

I haven't read anything of Universal Angel yet.. Admin you were very fast to delete her/him posts! Give her/him another possibility. The next "troll-type" message go with the ban of the IP!

Comment

Admin, I am voting to give Angel one last chance to respect your forum
          and stick to subject matter relating to our profession. I got dragged into
          the war of words with this person and I would like to apologize to you for
          fueling the fire and further disrupting the forum. It may surprise you that
          I am voting this way, but I have no problem with other people's beliefs,
          as long as they keep them to themselves, and not go around preaching
          to the world. Let's just try to get along, there is enough fighting elsewhere.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Anyone not interested in the alleged trollers posts could just add them to their "ignore list" couldn't they?

Jeff

Comment

I say: let's all stop rising to the bait. If no-one responds to her posts, she'll soon loose interest. Banning someone from the forum just because of their (albeit weird) beliefs is tantamount to censorship, and we'd just be playing into fanatics' hands if we stooped to that...
              It's simple enough not to look at any posts by a particular person, as Jeff says. Live and let live!
              Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

You're all so good it makes me want to barf!

I say burn the witch!

Otherwise ignore her, she'll get bored and p*ss off to somewhere else.

P.S.
                I have just come back to this post after reading her last sermon and I'm telling you now that I'm having great difficulty ignoring the silly cow!
                Last edited by Linnear; 27, August 2006, 03:07 PM.
                Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Piquetero
                  I haven't read anything of Universal Angel yet.. Admin you were very fast to delete her/him posts! Give her/him another possibility. The next "troll-type" message go with the ban of the IP!
                  Piq

No posts have been deleted from her. You are probably looking in the wrong bit. The thread continues in "are some pharmacists plain stoopid".

The only posts I have ever deleted are from people trying to sell drugs etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff
                    Anyone not interested in the alleged trollers posts could just add them to their "ignore list" couldn't they?

Jeff
                    I've not used that function before Jeff, so aren't 100% sure what it does. I think it just stops people on your ignore list sending you messages, e-mails etc

Comment

The Angel

My personal thoughts are with Linnear - just ignore her. She is obviously completely bonkers and quite nasty really. She ain't no angel, of that I am sure.

Comment

Re: Remove the troller ?

good q?
                        hmm... a forum is is a discussion and just because you dont like someones view point doest mean you should censor them.
                        i agree with who ever said live n let die or something

Comment

Hello outsider..

Please elaborate. We like to hear your points of view. I assume you know you have just revived a two-year old thread.

Fleegle.
                          Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Not noticed any of their posts yet.
                            johnep

Comment

If they are that severe just remove her. Then again you could let her continue. I pitty them seeing as all they have time to do is upset people on the internet. Very sad

Comment

Working...
                              X