locum agencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locum agencies

Can anyone recomend a locum agency in the south east? I'm thinking about doing the odd locum on days off and sundays to earn some extra money.

Thanks

I know a couple -ASAP locums ,Medical & General etc check the journal there are loads in there.........be quick though once remote supervison kicks in you can kiss extra locum work goodbye!
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Originally posted by kemzero
      I know a couple -ASAP locums ,Medical & General etc check the journal there are loads in there.........be quick though once remote supervison kicks in you can kiss extra locum work goodbye!
      But do you really think that remote supervision will be introduced rapidly. I mean the chain stores would love it, but it seems to this non-Brit that the wheels of change within the NHS move very slowly, and many things are discused that never actually happen.

Comment

Re: locum agencies

If you're around the Kent/Surrey area then try locumlink. Plenty of availability, but mostly in Boots stores...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G View Post
          Can anyone recomend a locum agency in the south east? I'm thinking about doing the odd locum on days off and sundays to earn some extra money.

Thanks
          I would not recommend RS locums, when I first qualified they told me that the did not pay travel expenses. However, I've since learnt that this was untrue and they were taking advantage, will not use them again.

Comment

Can anyone recommend any Yorkshire agencies and also any pharmacies that pay high rates...

Comment

Of the multiples, Superdrug seem to pay highest rates. If their store located near BTC, then you only get scripts BTC cannot do.
              johnep

Comment

Thanks for that - I assume that superdrug higher rates are for emergencies
                or are they paying more because they value their locums...

Comment

Not really, remember the 'paper bag' advert. Unfortunately, Sd suffer from an image problem so offer higher rates. Generally, I find their pharmacies quite a pleasure to work in.
                  johnep

Comment

Working...
                  X