Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rates of Pay For Locums

Hi All

I don't know what's going on at Boots, but the agency rang me up today, offering £27.50/hour + 2 hours pay for working at Boots on Friday.

Are they desperate for locums, or is this just their current rate?

Whatever it is, I took the booking.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Originally posted by admin
    Hi All

I don't know what's going on at Boots, but the agency rang me up today, offering £27.50/hour + 2 hours pay for working at Boots on Friday.

Are they desperate for locums, or is this just their current rate?

Whatever it is, I took the booking.
    Cue Shirley Bassey:

Gold Triangle!

She's the woman, the woman with a midas touch!

Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
      Cue Shirley Bassey:

Gold Triangle!

She's the woman, the woman with a midas touch!

Oh stop it, I don't know what the hells going on up here. One minute I only have 2 days in the week booked, the next it's a Saturday morning for £150 and a Friday for over £300 all in the same 7 days. I wish they'd make up their minds if they want locums or not!
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Methinks I might consider spending Busman's bank holiday weekends in sunny Yorkshire, at this rate!!!
        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite
          Methinks I might consider spending Busman's bank holiday weekends in sunny Yorkshire, at this rate!!!
          Come on up! We have a lovely marina here! There are some great boats in it - maybe you could just sail up and stay a few days - I'll get you some locum work.

Comment

Come on up! We have a lovely marina here! There are some great boats in it - maybe you could just sail up and stay a few days - I'll get you some locum work.
            In the shops you work in? No thanks! ;D
            Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Erm- the boat's in Greece, it would take us a couple of MONTHS to sail her back to the Humber; besides, been there, done that, got the T-shirt: when we first bought the boat, she was in the Baltic, so we sailed her back from Cuxhaven (northern Germany, for you ignorami) across the North Sea to the delightful Kingston-upon-Hull and its gorgeous marina... I can't really say it filled me with an irrepressible urge to return one day...!
              Now, Linnear's neck of the woods, on the other hand...what's the job market like down there? Know anyone nice who might need a locum for the winter months? No more than 5000 items/month,no MDS or nursing homes, a lunchbreak, & I don't mind working saturdays...

Comment

Erm- the boat's in Greece, it would take us a couple of MONTHS to sail her back to the Humber; besides, been there, done that, got the T-shirt: when we first bought the boat, she was in the Baltic, so we sailed her back from Cuxhaven (northern Germany, for you ignorami) across the North Sea to the delightful Kingston-upon-Hull and its gorgeous marina... I can't really say it filled me with an irrepressible urge to return one day...!
                Now, Linnear's neck of the woods, on the other hand...what's the job market like down there? Know anyone nice who might need a locum for the winter months? No more than 5000 items/month,no MDS or nursing homes, a lunchbreak, & I don't mind working saturdays...
                So you just want it easy eh? Whats wrong with the marina - it looks alright to me. It's nice and flat in Hull, so I thought being from Belgium you'd find it like home!

Comment

In the shops you work in? No thanks! ;D
                  Wimp - If I can manage it, I'm sure you can!

Comment

So you just want it easy eh?
                    No, lets just say I tend to focus more on quality, not quantity...!(apart from my holidays, where I go for both!)

Comment

No, lets just say I tend to focus more on quality, not quantity...!(apart from my holidays, where I go for both!)
                      Well some of us can manage both!

Comment

Well some of us can manage both!

What's that Quality and Quantity of pay packets?
                        Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Linnear

When it comes to pay packets I don't mind mine being in the tubs category!

Comment

Linnear

When it comes to pay packets I don't mind mine being in the tubs category!

You having a go again? I've been studying Zidane you know so you'd better watch it!
                            Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

You having a go again? I've been studying Zidane you know so you'd better watch it!
                              No, I'm not having a go! My husband calls me tubs! I meant I like nice, well proportioned pay packets, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                              X