Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ES vs US

Hi friends,

Can anyone clarify what are the leagal differences between Emergency Supply vs Urgent Supply?

Anybody follows them in practice as seperate issues?? as the laws says they are seperate

Shan
    [url]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2DA4I4TGw[/url]

Re: ES vs US

never heard of US! maybe it's a service from the old contract, you get paid extra for dispensing a script saying US? just a thought.....
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

emergency supply is when you dispense without an Rx to a patient who has ran out of medication. Urgent supply is when you dispense against an Rx out of hours with the Rx marked urgent by the prescriber. There is a fee payed by the ppd for the urgent supply.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Well, in Scotland they are totally different and both dont need Rx. So I was wondering how it is in England

Shan

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
          Thanks for the info.

Well, in Scotland they are totally different and both dont need Rx. So I was wondering how it is in England

Shan

In England we have...
          Emergency Supply - at request of patient
          Emergency Request - prescriber phones script through and should supply NHS script with n Hours (forgotten value of n its in the MEP somewhere)
          Urgent dispensing : script marked "urgent". can claim urgent dispensing if pharmacy has to be opened specially to dispense.

We all assumed England as we don't have the CP(US) form here.
          In Scotland as you have pointed out there is the CP(US) form where the pharmacist can supply 1 months medication provided they are satisfied it is not an abuse of the system and that patient has record of continuity of treatment. (ie treatment not stopped etc etc and all the other stuff you have to be happy about)

CP(US) would be great in England - in theory.
          However, it would soon be used to simply bypass the 48hour wait between requesting a prescription from the GP.
          Mind you in the brave new world of EPSR2 there will be no need for all this, as patient nominations will make everything work all the time. (Wearing rose colour spectacles)
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Thank you very much Pharmanault. I think it has cleared my doubts.

Shan

Comment

Working...
            X