help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

hi, i'm a work permit holder currently working as a hospital pharmacist. can i locum on my days off if i can find work by myself (not through an agency - i know i can't do that). Also how do i pay tax in such a situation.

Thanks

romsie

Re: help

You have come to the wrong place. Suggest you contact both Inland Revenue and UK Immigration Authority.
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

yes you can, the question has been answered before by another work permit holder ( i can't remember who was it), check the threads under international forums.

in summary, yes you can.
      [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
      [/COLOR]

Comment

If private bookings are an option, then why is an agency out of the question? Further, how would income be declared and tax paid? Enlighten me.
        Don't Stop Believing

Comment

No you cant do any locum work, as it is classed as self employed and it is against the terms of a work permit. Remember, work permit is something which is given to your employer for you and try not to misuse it. If you get cought doing any self employed work, your eligibility for Permanent residency will be nullified and your workpermit can get cancelled.
          The only way you can do any extra work while on workpermit is working over-time or doing extra hours with the same employer and with in the same company.
          Its not worth risking it for just few quid.
          cheers

Comment

if the government have given 5000 jobs to illegal immigrant( that's what has been released, probably the figures are much more nationally), would they stand in front of a health care professional who work legally on a work permit and pay taxes? i doubt it.
            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
            [/COLOR]

Comment

but i agree not worth the risk, if someone considering settlement.
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by baldyboy30 View Post
                No you cant do any locum work, as it is classed as self employed and it is against the terms of a work permit. Remember, work permit is something which is given to your employer for you and try not to misuse it. If you get cought doing any self employed work, your eligibility for Permanent residency will be nullified and your workpermit can get cancelled.
                The only way you can do any extra work while on workpermit is working over-time or doing extra hours with the same employer and with in the same company.
                Its not worth risking it for just few quid.
                cheers
                Thought so...thanks for that Baldyboy.

Raoul..Do you mean the government have given employment to 5000 illegal immigrants, or have they discovered 5000 immigrants working illegally?

Fleeg.
                Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
                  Thought so...thanks for that Baldyboy.

Raoul..Do you mean the government have given employment to 5000 illegal immigrants, or have they discovered 5000 immigrants working illegally?

Fleeg.
                  the 1st theory fleeg, that's why they arrested the conservative guy who released this critical info to the public. oh yeah one of the cleaners in the house of commons is an illegal immigrant as well ( check daily mail or bbc, 3 days ago)
                  Last edited by Rafael; 30, November 2008, 11:58 PM.
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Working...
                    X