Edinburgh rates + negotiating with multiples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edinburgh rates + negotiating with multiples

So it looks like il be moving to edinburgh in a couple of weeks after my name finally seems to be getting around the west coast of scotland!
    I have heard that demand is a bit better in the east coast and so was wondering if anyone had an idea of rates? I think the rate in glasgow is only £20-21 but it is relatively abundant with pharmacists.
    The bulk of my work so far has been through agencies and alliance's locum co-ordinator.
    Whilst the agencies may not give the same guarantees for work, going direct to alliance I have only been earning ~£19! Whilst through the agencies im averaging £22-23.
    Would it be sensible to name a rate of say £23? or is this likely to have the locum co-ordinator saying she will look elsewhere?
    Is a multiples set rate only to try and bully those new to the profession?

Re: Edinburgh rates + negotiating with multiples

Originally posted by Mister Pharms View Post
    Is a multiples set rate only to try and bully those new to the profession?

No, it's the minimum they can pay and get somebody to turn up carrying a certificate, more or less every day. Quality of the carrier is not a consideration.
    Employed again... paid holidays! Yipee

Comment

so really next time i speak to a locum co-ordinator just state my rate? will they be likely to try elsewhere? I know it would make sense to speak to more "real" locums about their rates but I dont like asking people what they earn!
      It seems most on here get £25 easily enough. A pharmacist I was working with last week couldnt believe I was working for £19.

Comment

Rates in Scotland have always been lower--must be a supply thing.

Comment

im sure in the chem and druggist pay review thing they did a few months ago the average locum rate came in at £24. How accurate this is i dont know. Do most people accept the multiple's rate or charge their own?

Comment

Working...
          X