Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Stories

Hi Y'all

I'm not one to generally rat on the places I work, but I thought this might give a few of you a laugh.

I recently worked at a shop where the owner likes to have his little dog there, at work with him during the day.

The other week I reached for a packet of something just as someone said something to me, and I turned my head away. My hand landed on something wet and yukky. That turned out to be a half munched dog chew - left on the 3rd shelf for some unknown reason.

Then today, oh boy, as I walked in the dispensary and for some reason glanced at the floor, I saw...............PART OF A PIGS FACE (DRIED) COMPLETE WITH EAR AND EYE SOCKET!!!!!!!!

I'm still in shock......and it's still there......I daren't pick it up...........
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Re: Shop Stories

You weren't doing a locum in Ireland by any chance?..My current canine companion at work is a wee dog called George. At 9.30am, he arrives to help me open the shop. At 10.30am, he scratches the back door for me to let him out so he can go to the pub next door for his breakfast.

He returns around mid-day and sleeps for 3 hours..around 5 he's off to the local grocer where they give him his dinner.

He then walks the two miles home over the fields to his house, which he shares with the owner of the Pharmacy.

Re the pig's head..have you seen Angela's Ashes?..
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
      You weren't doing a locum in Ireland by any chance?..My current canine companion at work is a wee dog called George. At 9.30am, he arrives to help me open the shop. At 10.30am, he scratches the back door for me to let him out so he can go to the pub next door for his breakfast.

He returns around mid-day and sleeps for 3 hours..around 5 he's off to the local grocer where they give him his dinner.

He then walks the two miles home over the fields to his house, which he shares with the owner of the Pharmacy.

Re the pig's head..have you seen Angela's Ashes?..
      It's not in Ireland and sorry but I haven't seen Angela's Ashes.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

as far as i know animals aren't allowed in the dispensary. On an inspector visit I had a few years ago he was telling me about a shop where the owner had dogs roaming around the place. He closed it until the animals were removed. The owner then built a cage at the back of the dispensary for them and this was deemed ok by the inspector. However on a subsequent visit the dogs were roaming again so he just closed the place down.
        “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

am i the only one realising health and safety issues here??? If I walked into a shop never mind a pharmacy and saw a dog there in the same way described above, I wouldnt go back to that shop, I dont mind people having pets in general but to have it at work with you in a public place, I think it's disgusting, however I woudnt mindhaving say a cat or especially an owl. I think owls should be to pharmacies what fish are to dental practices.
          We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

You are not Harry Potter by any chance are you?
            MUR

Major Underestimation of Resources

Comment

Originally posted by Jen the 3rd View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Jen the 3rd View Post
                and you are? Hermione Granger?? or is it Moaning Myrtle????
                We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

I am Madame Pomfrey, though these days I have to order my Mandrake ointments as specials
                  MUR

Major Underestimation of Resources

Comment

I envision Mr TS as mad-eye moody, , and Jeff as professor Snape :P

Comment

Not bad Solly. I had to google "mad eyed moody" to see what you were talking about. I am follicularly challenged but apart from that you are very close.

Damn! You must be THAT good.

I sort of had you down as R2D2 from Star wars.
                      http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

better than chubaka*, take me as an upragded version of R2D2, where the beeps have now become words.

Comment

Are beeps not more appropriate?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

not unless you can decode morse code on the go!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                              as far as i know animals aren't allowed in the dispensary. On an inspector visit I had a few years ago he was telling me about a shop where the owner had dogs roaming around the place. He closed it until the animals were removed. The owner then built a cage at the back of the dispensary for them and this was deemed ok by the inspector. However on a subsequent visit the dogs were roaming again so he just closed the place down.
                              I have two friends who kept dogs in their pharmacies. The first was in a rough area and used to have two german shepherds for protection. They had free run of all the shop and dispensary and checked out everybody who came in. They did a pretty good job. The other kept a doberman in a yard just off the dispensary. This was because she had nobody to mind it during the day. Ben was a real friendly doberman but if anybody looked funny at his mistress he would revert to type and chew them up.
                              I miss those days.

Comment

Working...
                              X