Gross Underpayment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gross Underpayment

I have been doing block placements for Boots - accommodation and travel expenses agreed in writing through agency. Unfortunately Boots have not paid the agreed rate or it appears accommodation or travel even though receipts were given to the store manager. I have spoken to the manager who says everything was sent in. I have spoken to the firm contracted to make payments who says speak to the manager. What do I do? Has anyone got a Head Office number which I can contact as it may be a mistake although I heard from another locum that some locums were considering suing for underpayments so this may be more than a one-off. I am considerably out of pocket.

Re: Gross Underpayment

breach of contract-small claims court????
    We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
      breach of contract-small claims court????
      Thanks Solomon - more hassle and considerable loss of good will would result. I would regard this as a very last resort.

I am hoping it can be resolved amicably by their HO but I need to find out who to speak to. When you telephone them all you get is computer generated jargon with no person at the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by galen View Post
        Thanks Solomon - more hassle and considerable loss of good will would result. I would regard this as a very last resort.

I am hoping it can be resolved amicably by their HO but I need to find out who to speak to. When you telephone them all you get is computer generated jargon with no person at the end of it.
        Give it to the PDA.

Jeff

Comment

Good suggestion but I am not a member of PDA. My professional indemnity is with NPA.

Comment

More fool you. NPA support employers not employees.
            johnep

Comment

[QUOTE=johnep;16086]More fool you. NPA support employers not employees.
              johnep[/QUO

I welcome the PDA very much - it should have been formed many years ago but I simply wanted professional indemnity for the Boots/Asda jobs - £99 was the decisive factor.
              Last edited by galen; 7, September 2008, 01:17 AM.

Comment

NPA will only help you if your employer agrees. They will never be on your side in a dispute with the employer.
                johnep

Comment

Thanks John. If you have a few examples from your experience it would help some of our colleagues to make the most appropriate decision.

I have been an employer for the vast bulk of my working life but I hope I have always respected the rights of my employees. Unfortunately there are many employers today who do not e.g. no lunch breaks, long hours of standing, enormous pressures and so it goes on. If the PDA are helping to redress the balance it is excellent news.

Comment

See latest issue of PDA mag.
                    johnep

Comment

The PDA - The Pharmacists' Defence Association - Home Page

Jeff

Comment

John/Jeff

I have joined! It appears my problem is a common one. Disgrace!!

Comment

I did a locum for Lloyds on the Isle of Man, they never paid for my petrol to the airport (37miles) because I had travelled under 40miles, eh hello I actually travelled about 200miles to get there in total, they never paid my car parking £13 a day, never paid my food claims for evening meals. Put me up in a mediocre B&B. Lets face it guys, we are not professionals in the eyes of the body corporate, we are certificates on legs to keep it legal.

After numerous phone calls, faxes emails, no money recieved. Lesson learned, never work for Lloyds again and get everything in writing before you take a job.

PS I am a member of PDA before anyone states the obvious

Comment

One good thing about SD. They pay travelling and parking expenses (over 40 miles). Mileage is 30p/mile.
                            johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Hello View Post
                              I did a locum for Lloyds on the Isle of Man, they never paid for my petrol to the airport (37miles) because I had travelled under 40miles, eh hello I actually travelled about 200miles to get there in total, they never paid my car parking £13 a day, never paid my food claims for evening meals. Put me up in a mediocre B&B. Lets face it guys, we are not professionals in the eyes of the body corporate, we are certificates on legs to keep it legal.

After numerous phone calls, faxes emails, no money recieved. Lesson learned, never work for Lloyds again and get everything in writing before you take a job.

PS I am a member of PDA before anyone states the obvious
                              So nothing has changed then! I did a couple of weeks locum with Lloyds when it was still "privately" owned by Alan Lloyd himself, in and around the Birmingham area.
                              I was in the tackiest B&B I have ever seen..bar done in a Spanish theme, and the proprietor drank the profits. I worked in some of the worst-run pharmacies...one had a foot-high pile of fag ash next to the toilet bowl..I'll leave the rest to your own imagination.

I also had my car stolen to boot, and had to fly back to Edinburgh.. (Courtesy of BMW recovery..NOT Lloyds).

Happy days!
                              Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Working...
                              X