Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently qualified

Hi people,

I have recently qualified as a pharmacist and am now working full time in hospital pharmacy in a permanent position, however I do a locum (community) as regularly as I can fit into my timetable. My issue is whether I should be declaring myself as self-employed or not? I am a bit confused

Any help/advice would be appreciated. I have heard/and read that I should declare myself self-employed within 3 months to avoid paying a fine, but at the same time it was suggested to me to not declare self-employed status as I would be paying a second bout of NI when I am not required to do so.

Thanks again

Re: Recently qualified

Originally posted by Donny_AMG View Post
    Hi people,

I have recently qualified as a pharmacist and am now working full time in hospital pharmacy in a permanent position, however I do a locum (community) as regularly as I can fit into my timetable. My issue is whether I should be declaring myself as self-employed or not? I am a bit confused

Any help/advice would be appreciated. I have heard/and read that I should declare myself self-employed within 3 months to avoid paying a fine, but at the same time it was suggested to me to not declare self-employed status as I would be paying a second bout of NI when I am not required to do so.

Thanks again
    I don't know all the answer to your questions Donny, but I do know that you should be declaring the money you are making and need an accountant for advice.

Any money you earn will be taxed of course, and your personal allowances will be taken off your salary at your regular job.

The best accountant I know is Abdul at Shipleys: -

M Abdul Ghani LLB
    Chartered Tax Adviser
    Principal
    Shipleys Tax Consulting
    Email [email protected]
    Tel +44 (0)114 243 6566
    Fax +44 (0)114 249 9183
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
    X