Locum Shortage in NW England...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locum Shortage in NW England...??

Just had phone call from locum agency at the pharmacy i manage. They are having problems filling places in for a reasonably large chain(Co-Op). Could i help or do i know anyone that could do some days? She laughed when i asked for commision if the locum i put forward could help!!

Re: Locum Shortage in NW England...??

Originally posted by JonF View Post
    Just had phone call from locum agency at the pharmacy i manage. They are having problems filling places in for a reasonably large chain(Co-Op). Could i help or do i know anyone that could do some days? She laughed when i asked for commision if the locum i put forward could help!!
    The co-op does seem to be short at the moment. I don't know why as they are generally OK to work for, and will pay a premium for last minute bookings reasonably "happily." Beware of short-staffed health centre saunas , however, co-op or otherwise. PM me for a list!
    ....just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by DavidS View Post
      The co-op does seem to be short at the moment. I don't know why as they are generally OK to work for
      That's not what I heard...
      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
        That's not what I heard...
        I found them to be very good - while I was learning their systems I was in as a second pharmacist, asked if was OK working during a refit, and when possible placed me in my preferred branch.

Jeff

Comment

I worked as a regular Saturday morning pharmacist for the Co-op for 15 years.
          Never had any problems with them.
          johnep

Comment

Hmm, I also work for the co-op and to be honest, I've never really had any problems. Except for the new "manager" they've drafted in but that's a totally different story...
            [SIZE="3"][B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Long road to ruin there in your eyes
            Under the cold streetlights
            No tomorrow, no dead end in sight[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
              I found them to be very good - while I was learning their systems I was in as a second pharmacist, asked if was OK working during a refit, and when possible placed me in my preferred branch.

Jeff
              How long ago was this?
              I've been led to believe that it's only in the last couple of years that things have gone downhill...
              I must stress, this is only hearsay, not first-hand experience like with Lloyds...
              Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
                How long ago was this?
                I've been led to believe that it's only in the last couple of years that things have gone downhill...
                I must stress, this is only hearsay, not first-hand experience like with Lloyds...
                Last summer.

Jeff

Comment

if its United Co-op and you have a booking in manchester & surrounding areas and you haven't worked for them before, pm me if you want any info (former employee)
                  “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Interesting. I thought there were shortages in the North West.

What about the North East? Whats the situation like there?

Comment

running into shortage problems around my way now (greater manchester). My phone's been ringing off the hook some days as pharmacies are trying to cover ramadan and eid days! Shame i'm already working...
                      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                      X