Payment problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment problems.

I just want to moan a little about Alliance/Moss. They don't pay me for half of the days I work for them, because my details get lost on their way to payroll department. I think I'm not compatible with their computer system.

Re: Payment problems.

Great thing about lds Merlin system, is that you print out a hard copy.
    I have to admit never had a problem with Moss.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by monika View Post
      I just want to moan a little about Alliance/Moss. They don't pay me for half of the days I work for them, because my details get lost on their way to payroll department. I think I'm not compatible with their computer system.
      Moan to the PDA.

Jeff

Comment

took me nearly 3 months to get paid for a day silly thing is i had been paid for more recent days with moss found out that the tgm had not pressed the button on the management system so head office would not pay
        if you work in an are where the area manager is a dippo then maybe thats the problem-- must agree though that up until then moss had been very good at paying
        SMITHY

Comment

Originally posted by Smithy View Post
          took me nearly 3 months to get paid for a day silly thing is i had been paid for more recent days with moss found out that the tgm had not pressed the button on the management system so head office would not pay
          if you work in an are where the area manager is a dippo then maybe thats the problem-- must agree though that up until then moss had been very good at paying
          Pity we can't turn up 3 months late for a booking....
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Well said.. my only outstanding invoices are from Lloyds, but these are underpayments where they have failed to honour the original agreement

Comment

BTW, a verbal agreement is contractually binding, but difficult to enforce in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                Pity we can't turn up 3 months late for a booking....
                Or get paid in advance - even better

Comment

You should speak to the area manager or the person in charge with the authorisation process. If the pharmacist manager forgets to format your wages they get lost and you won't be paid

Comment

It is underpayments that I am chasing - mainly re mileage...

BTW, the big boys never pay the first 40 miles. I've asked around different companies, and they say that it is because of my self-employed status... nice of them to care, but I work for a ltd company, which doesn't make a difference to them - just an excuse. So I travel 44 miles for Lloyds and get paid a pound travel.. if I'm lucky!

Comment

If you are strictly self-employed, you cannot expect any of your clients to pay mileage. Assuming you claim VAT on diesel, and tax relief on fuel expenses, they are clearly under no obligation to subsidise this...you can't have it both ways.
                      Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

If mileage paid by client and tax paid as though income, then you can claim against tax at 40p/mile.
                        johnep

Comment

Surely your client would be claiming locum travel expenses against his own tax liability?
                          Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
                            Surely your client would be claiming locum travel expenses against his own tax liability?
                            Just because I claim tax relief at 40p per mile on travel distance, doesn't mean I can't also claim for travel expenses from the company I'm working for.

I just add it to my salary when I send in my tax return, as that's what it amounts to.

I don't know where you get the idea that I "shouldn't expect " travel costs if I'm also claiming 40p per mile agains tax? I have always done so.

Incidentally, the PDA recently opined that its rubbish that companies "cannot" pay the first chunk of mileage for tax reasons. Arthur Daley had it right, it seems, when he said that hitting old ladies over the head and stealing their handbags is robbery, everything else is business.
                            ....just my opinion

Comment

[QUOTE=DavidS;14564]Just because I claim tax relief at 40p per mile on travel distance, doesn't mean I can't also claim for travel expenses from the company I'm working for. QUOTE]

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I don't think that two businesses can claim tax relief on what is an identical expense.
                              Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Working...
                              X