hospital v community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hospital v community

Hey guys, how is everyone?i have just stumbled across this site... and signed up straight away. Seems very good and informative. Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as i have asked tutors and fellow students but would like the expereince of pharmacists.

Luckily i have a pre-reg offers from both hospital and a community. Now they are both around the corner from my house, and the difference in pay is very little. ( around 1000pounds over the year). I was wondering which one would you recommend? and why? my plan for the future is very much open, even considering going down the further study clinical diploma etc etc or i might just locum?what would you guys suggest?thanks

Already posted it in community section.. not sure if it was the right area, sorry dont know how to move the thread so just create a new one!

Re: hospital v community

Hospital will give you the best clinical experience. Usually do placing in community for a month as well.
    johnep

Comment

If you are not sure which branch of the profession you would rather join in the longterm then I would suggest that the hospital placement would be preferable.
      It is much easier to move from hospital pharmacy to community pharmacy than vice versa, so taking the hospital placement will keep your options open.
      You are also more likely to get support in to do a PG qualification once you have registered in hospital than in community.
      Good luck.

Comment

As a current pre-reg in community, I'd agree with the above. Hospital pharmacy will definitely be more varied (less boring then just community based dispensing) and gives you greater opportunity. If anything I regret not applying to hospital pharamcy as it makes you more aware clinically and has a good structured support network (monthly workshops, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen1 View Post
          Hospital pharmacy will definitely be more varied (less boring then just community based dispensing) and gives you greater opportunity. If anything I regret not applying to hospital pharamcy as it makes you more aware clinically and has a good structured support network (monthly workshops, etc).
          That's not definite, its Relative......
          Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

In retail, you are exposed more to the public which is a great thing if you are a people person.
            [URL="http://www.GetIntoPharmacySchool.com"]Serious about getting into a US Pharmacy School, get this book![/URL]

Comment

Working...
            X