Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose my pre-reg place

Hey guys I need some help please

Ok I have 4 pre-reg places to choose from. One is for Bristol (£12,000), Somerset (£16,000), Essex (£17,500), and Painswick (£20,500).

I loved Essex. They guy was a bit of a d*ckhead but the area is so beautiful. I thought Essex was for chavs but it is so beautiful and there is a chance of having a life.

Painswick and Somerset are absolutely dull as dishwasher. But the owners of the pharmacist where really lovely. I think I could learn from them. But, there would be nowhere to escape. In the Painswick one, the guy suggested that I lived at Cheltenham and then commute to the shop. But, I don't drive and I would have to commute by bus.

My questions are:
    Would there be enough time to have a life during pre-reg? Also, when can I start revising for my Clinical Pharmacy? The guy at Somerset suggested during easter when I get to go to the hospital for 2 weeks.

The main question is which placement would you take? Taking into consideration the pay and the area.

Re: Help me choose my pre-reg place

Take the one with most pay and best looking daughter.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      johnep
      Does she have a good looking sister?
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

johnep
        Well seeing as I am not gay that isn't really going to sway me

Comment

In that case who ever has a son who will take over the business.
          johnep

Comment

^^^^

But seriously though, I'm actually swaying towards the £16,000 one. Because there is a chance to rent a room above the pharmacy. But my problem is that Somersham isn't particularly a multi-cutural place and also wouldn't I need to unwind sometimes or would I not have time to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by ukpharmgrad View Post
              The main question is which placement would you take? Taking into consideration the pay and the area.
              Somerset (if close to Taunton) but only because one of my favourite GP's is moving there real soon now.

Jeff

Comment

We have a Somersham here in cambridgeshire. If so, then Cambridge provides absolutely all you could possibly want.
                johnep

Comment

Originally posted by ukpharmgrad View Post
                  ^^^^

But seriously though, I'm actually swaying towards the £16,000 one. Because there is a chance to rent a room above the pharmacy. But my problem is that Somersham isn't particularly a multi-cutural place and also wouldn't I need to unwind sometimes or would I not have time to do that?
                  A room over the pharmacy would certainly cut down on commuting time and keep more of your money in your pocket because of this.
                  Rememer - its only a year and that will pass very quickly.
                  How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I did a locum on Isle of Wight once where stayed in flat above pharmacy.
                    Enjoyed just going downstairs at 8.55am and as we closed for lunch, rustling up something quickly in the kitchen.
                    johnep

Comment

I did a locum on Isle of Wight once where stayed in flat above pharmacy.
                      Enjoyed just going downstairs at 8.55am and as we closed for lunch, rustling up something quickly in the kitchen.
                      johnep
                      Once did a weeks relief management in the mid 80's where the furnished flat above the pharmacy was empty. Nice to have a lie down on the sofa for half an hour after a hot lunch.
                      How times change.

Comment

Working...
                      X