Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personal statement (UCAS)

Hi,

Can anyone give me any advice/tips with doing the personal statement for a UCAS mpharm application? i'm going to struggle to make it into Keele on an access cert as it is and as I have no other options I need to not screw this statement up.

Consequently as a scientist-type person; I am completly stumped as to what to put for this.

Thanks,

mr_colt.

Re: personal statement (UCAS)

Surely someone on here who did their mpharm recently has had to do a personal statement??? Please any advice you can give would be a great help.

mr_colt.

Comment

Mr Colt

I am sure you are more than capable of writing a personal statement...judging from your previous posts , you strike me as being well informed and educated enough for the task

Anyhow...Keele have some guidelines on their website...check it out
      Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Unfortunatly I have a specfic learning difficulty that means doing "creative" pieces like you need to do for the personal statement is just beyond me. I've got guides from about 6 different HE help sites etc and the College but nothing gives me any clue as to what I'm susposed to write.

I am absolutely stuck on this one. Suspose the current fatigue I'm getting from my CFS related chronic-shift work disorder isn't helping either, hopefully I will get my consultant to script me some Mondafinil soon. I certainly need it for uni in any case.

But in the present this personal statement is of the utmost importance for me as I am entering on "non-traditional" quals; I am considered inferior to an A-level graduate and as such really need to sell myself to ensure a place.

mr_colt.
        Last edited by mr_colt; 28, September 2007, 11:14 AM. Reason: typing error

Comment

Never having to have to make a 'personal statement' I too would be at a loss.
          However, if a PS is meant to describe yourself and interests then seek help from a suitable mentor with whom you can sit down and who will ask you a few questions, Your answers will form the 'personal statement'
          1) Why do you wish to become a pharmacist?
          2) Do you have a desire to help people.
          3) What do you consider are your best attributes.
          4) What general intersests do you have--music, photography etc.
          5) Do you have any sporting ability.
          etc,etc.
          johnep

Comment

Be sincere with your personal statement! Don't lie or talk about anything that you would not say to your mother!
            [URL="http://www.GetIntoPharmacySchool.com"]Serious about getting into a US Pharmacy School, get this book![/URL]

Comment

Working...
            X