Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent help needed- life decision, sunderland or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed- life decision, sunderland or not?

anyone just help me
    Last edited by Asterix; 24, August 2008, 03:34 PM.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: Urgent help needed- life decision, sunderland or not?

don't panic Sunderland is well known. If you want to go to the USA, visit student pharmacist site which is for american students. They have a section for overseas students.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      don't panic Sunderland is well known. If you want to go to the USA, visit student pharmacist site which is for american students. They have a section for overseas students.
      johnep
      can you give me the url?
      Last edited by Asterix; 24, August 2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

you haven't got the degree yet! don't get carried away and take things for granted. Sunderland is an established uni. as for your industry ambitions, i found a lot of people changed their mind during the course as they began to learn more what each aspect of pharmacy was about.

as for sunderland as a city, i quite like it; my experiences of it are of nice restaurants from whihc my uncle takes me to but the bits of the city i've been to are nice and it has some nice surrounding areas

Comment

First you could show some initiative by learning how to use google. just search on student pharmacist and you will turn up several sites. select one which is USA based. that is all I did.
          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
            First you could show some initiative by learning how to use google. just search on student pharmacist and you will turn up several sites. select one which is USA based. that is all I did.
            johnep
            lets stick with opinions
            Last edited by Asterix; 24, August 2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

As an ex-Sunderland student, who is still in occasional touch with staff there (although not from my time), I'd say there isn't a problem. One of the UK's leading industrial pharmacists was there when I was. And the current President studied there, too. As did a recent Editor of the PJ.

What more do you want?

And that's the ones I'm sure about. Pretty sure loads of other high flyers were there.
              In my time it was a good place to be and it looks a lot better now!

As someone else said work hard, play hard, get your degree and some useful bits for the CV and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by the old merlin View Post
                As an ex-Sunderland student, who is still in occasional touch with staff there (although not from my time), I'd say there isn't a problem. One of the UK's leading industrial pharmacists was there when I was. And the current President studied there, too. As did a recent Editor of the PJ.

What more do you want?

And that's the ones I'm sure about. Pretty sure loads of other high flyers were there.
                In my time it was a good place to be and it looks a lot better now!

As someone else said work hard, play hard, get your degree and some useful bits for the CV and you'll be fine. Good luck!
                nothing more tbh
                Last edited by Asterix; 1, July 2012, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Cooking--buy some pasta and tins of campbells condensed tomato soup.

Pasta in hot water for 10 mins, soup in microwave on 30% power same time.

Pour condensed soup over pasta as sauce. Meal in 10 mins. lots of student recipes on web.

Not drinking is definitely a bonus. Learn to drive, then do the driving for your mates while they drink themselves silly, you drink plain tonic or similar.

Price for this should be they pay for your meal and soft drinks.

You will be very popular.
                  johnep

Comment

advice. thanks.,
                    Last edited by Asterix; 24, August 2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Excuse for doing or not doing what? If drinking then no excuse should be needed. You don't drink-end of story.
                      johnep

Comment

There are many reasons for drinking
                        and one's just entered my head
                        if a man can't drink when he's living
                        how the **** can he drink when he's dead?
                        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                        pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                        eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by giggsy View Post
                          haha class advice. I can drive but won't be taking my car to uni so I need another excuse
                          Is there a "Jack Fulton's" freezer centre up there.
                          My son doing a history degree in Sheffield has one opposite his digs and swears by them.
                          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
                          X