Kingston or Keele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston or Keele

I hav an unconditional offer to study pharmacy at Keele university, but I live in london and am now considering studyin at Kingston university as it is closer to home and everything dat i kno. I initially got a place at Kingston for pharmaceutical sciences but as i did better in my A-Levels they offered me a place on the pharmacy course. I hav been frantically trying to find help as to which uni 2 attend as keele is not registered on any of the league tables as its first set of students hav not yet graduated and av not been able to find any. I would like to hav more opinions on making my choice.

I don't want to delay my response to Kingston too long as am sure that they wont offer me the place 4 long.

I want to go into hospital pharmacy at the end of my degree.

Re: Kingston or Keele

Forget about league tables when it comes to selecting uni. It won't affect your chances of getting a job in pharmacy.

Look at the course structure, the location and the likely costs and make your decision based on that. You need to find a course that has a learning style which you like. You'll be there for at least four years so make sure you like the place.

Comment

Originally posted by ferretmanabu View Post
      Forget about league tables when it comes to selecting uni. It won't affect your chances of getting a job in pharmacy.

Look at the course structure, the location and the likely costs and make your decision based on that. You need to find a course that has a learning style which you like. You'll be there for at least four years so make sure you like the place.
      I totally agree. I've worked in two hospitals, and for a few companies but have never been asked where did I study or even what class of degree did I get.

The last thing I'd worry about is league tables. It's going to be a big part of your life, so go where you'll think you'll enjoy it the most.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by ayo89 View Post
        I hav an unconditional offer to study pharmacy at Keele university, but I live in london and am now considering studyin at Kingston university as it is closer to home and everything dat i kno. I initially got a place at Kingston for pharmaceutical sciences but as i did better in my A-Levels they offered me a place on the pharmacy course. I hav been frantically trying to find help as to which uni 2 attend as keele is not registered on any of the league tables as its first set of students hav not yet graduated and av not been able to find any. I would like to hav more opinions on making my choice.

I don't want to delay my response to Kingston too long as am sure that they wont offer me the place 4 long.

I want to go into hospital pharmacy at the end of my degree.
        I know nothing about Kingston, but Keele has some great old characters.
        Retired professors now allowed to continue their research on campus. I'm not sure if they actually talk to undergraduates though, one at least didn't even like them before he retired.
        They do however have a great pride in the university and its pharmacy course.

Jeff

Comment

Ayo89

Keele Is Great And Its Got A Good Reputation
          Done Two Postgrad Courses And Went To Keele Because Of Its Kudos

Went To Sunderland Originally,but Love Putting Keele For My Pharmacy Postgrad.
          Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Ayo89

Keele Is Great And Its Got A Good Reputation
            Done Two Postgrad Courses And Went To Keele Because Of Its Kudos

Went To Sunderland Originally,but Love Writing Keele On Application Forms When Asked For Pharmacy Postgrad.qualifications
            Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Working...
            X