Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nottingham interview very soon!!

hey guyz
    av got a nottingham interview on the 17th of january!! has anyone else got one then or had one at nottingham!! how was it? cuz i need a bit of help, i heard that it is vry hard and a lot of it is based on organic chemistry -oh dear!

any advice would be great thnx!
    [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Purple"]Nenah[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

hey. First of all dont stress too much. Maybe quickly go over some chemistry stuff from alevel but i think its much more important to get your answers sorted to questions like why do you want to do pharmacy and what you think the job of a pharmacist involves etc. After all they cant expect you to know everything about organic chemistry and pharmacology before you have even started the course.

Comment

Ive got an interview at notts but mines on the 27th of march.
      i got told that they ask questions of A Level chem and expect you to draw out stuff like molecules etc..
      but i agree that getting the answers right for the pharmacy related questions are more important than stressing about the science questions.

Comment

by pharmacy related questions, u mean questions like

what does the role of a pharmacist entail?
        why pharmacy?
        controversial drug?
        something in the news lately?
        insulin
        antibiotics?

things like that
        nd by the way, isnt the reason y insulin cnt be administered orally is because it is a protein nd if taken orally , it would have to go through the whole digestion process which is very slow! ryt?!!

thnx!

Comment

Pharm q's

yeah thats the stuff i mean. cos i think we're going to uni to learn, if i already knew everything about every drug then i wouldnt have applied to uni!

by the way, im sure insulin isnt taken orally cos the enzymes which have a role in digestion (in the intestines i think) change the insulin molecule so that it basically becomes useless.

Comment

notts interview

btw let me know how the interview goes!!

Comment

Yeah insulin would be digested by the protease enzymes in the intestinal tract into amino acids. They are working on inhaled insulin though I believe which will be much more convienent for diabetics then injecting insulin all the time.

Yeah make sure you let us know how the interview goes, im sure it will be fine! Its good to see someone motivated about pharmacy keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by mm45 View Post
                Yeah insulin would be digested by the protease enzymes in the intestinal tract into amino acids. They are working on inhaled insulin though I believe which will be much more convienent for diabetics then injecting insulin all the time.

Yeah make sure you let us know how the interview goes, im sure it will be fine! Its good to see someone motivated about pharmacy keep it up!
                I believe the inhaled insulin is already here.

Could be wrong (See Zogs, you've got me doubting myself now!)
                Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Inhaled Insulin

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
                  I believe the inhaled insulin is already here.

Could be wrong (See Zogs, you've got me doubting myself now!)
                  Yes its available from Pfizer, but as it is exclusive to Unichem and I haven't got an account, I can't tell you about it.
                  47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                  2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                  How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Inhales Insulin

It's called Exubera: -

http://www.exubera.com/content/con_i.../con_index.jsp
                    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

insulin tablets

ive just heard that its possible that we might be seeing insulin tablets.
                      its apparently still in the developing stages but its said that the tablet might be able to withstand stomach acid. not sure but the enzymes though...
                      Last edited by Shaani; 12, January 2007, 10:39 AM. Reason: cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by Shaani View Post
                        ive just heard that its possible that we might be seeing insulin tablets.
                        its apparently still in the developing stages but its said that the tablet might be able to withstand stomach acid. not sure but the enzymes though...
                        You mean an enteric coated tablet ?
                        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

...i dont know. i just heard the end of the report on t.v.
                          does the type of tablet youve just named get through the digestive system?
                          also do you know what is the difference between an insulin tablet and an tablet which "helps to control blood sugar levels" in type 2 diabetes (e.g.Acarbose)? i was on a website and said this as is they were completely different. to lower the glucose levels in the blood wouldnt insulin be needed?

Comment

guys, i've got an interview at nottingham on wednesday nd i may be required to talk about latest pharmacy news. how recent would latest be clasified under?? can i tlk bout this new inhaled insulin(exubera) or the developing insulin tablet.

or should i just tlk bout GM chickens used for curin cancer??

Comment

Originally posted by nenah View Post
                              guys, i've got an interview at nottingham on wednesday nd i may be required to talk about latest pharmacy news. how recent would latest be clasified under?? can i tlk bout this new inhaled insulin(exubera) or the developing insulin tablet.

or should i just tlk bout GM chickens used for curin cancer??
                              yeah that should be ok. i think the best thing to do is to read up on new developments (like in the PJ and C+D). cos if you read them u tend to know whats goin on in the pharmacy industry.

Comment

Working...
                              X