bath interviews!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bath interviews!!

any one had an interview at bath?? i've got one on tuesday and it said that it was supposed to be informal. is there anyway i can prepare for it? i would prefer to be overprepared than underprepared!!

any advice?
    [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Purple"]Nenah[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Repeat after me:

"I'd rather have a shower than a bath!"

Sorry BPSA weekend flashback! Not bad since I couldn't usually remember them after they happened!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by nenah View Post
      any one had an interview at bath?? i've got one on tuesday and it said that it was supposed to be informal. is there anyway i can prepare for it? i would prefer to be overprepared than underprepared!!

any advice?
      Nenah

I think that if you show a general interest in the subject, and a few of the current issues in pharmacy, then you show you are interested and up to date.

You could mention you know that a pharmacist has professional responsibility, and regularly gives advice to patients, nurses, Dr's etc, as well as checking and supervising the dispensing process. You also know you can work in retail, hospital or industry.

You also know there are changes in pharmacy, like the new MUR's we are doing, prescribing, minor ailments schemes etc. There are posts on the site about all these things.

Maybe even mention you contribute to this forum, and regularly speak to registered pharmacists on here!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

any advice?
        Just remember the Universities business is to put bums on seats - it wants to attract students - it wants to give out degrees. It's not just you selling yourself to the university - they are doing their very best to sell themselves to you.
        Ask what makes them different from, better than, their competitors.
        If they tell you the good things about themselves - great. If they try to trash their competitors then they are probably hiding something
        If your ambitions lie within industry - ask if the uni has connections with the pharmaceutical industry.
        The interview is a two way street - make sure you are buying into the university that offers you most for having your bum on one of its seats.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          Nenah

You also know there are changes in pharmacy, like the new MUR's we are doing, prescribing, minor ailments schemes etc. There are posts on the site about all these things.

tell me more about the new medicine use reviews. i've heard about it but i dont know much though!

Comment

tell me more about the new medicine use reviews. i've heard about it but i dont know much though!
            Description of service:
            You can now make an appointment with your local community pharmacist for a medicine use review. This is an opportunity to talk about what medicines you are taking, to discuss any problems you may be having and to ask any questions.

google google google.

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/informatio...pharmacist.jsp
            Last edited by BeesKnees; 9, December 2006, 09:42 AM.

Comment

is anyone else attending the bath interview on tuesday???

Comment

tuesday is soon!! oh boy! in terms of preparation, i ahve been doing a lot of readin, answerin questions to why bath?why pharmacy? what does a pharmacist do?

prepared ome questions to ask them. there is only so much that i can do.

help!

Comment

hey my friend had an interview last year for Bath pharmacy and he did find fine and got a place without preparing. I thinks its more of an informal chat then a formal interview. Just read up some topical stuff about medicines and pharmacy, ie. the pj or on bbc website. You will be fine

Comment

tuesday is soon!! oh boy! in terms of preparation, i ahve been doing a lot of readin, answerin questions to why bath?why pharmacy? what does a pharmacist do?

prepared ome questions to ask them. there is only so much that i can do.

help!
                    Relax - my sons 5 minute interview on Friday consisted mainly of talk about his and the interviewers guitar playing.
                    They are more interested in who you are than what you already know.

Jeff

Comment

thanks guys, i'll tell u how it goes when i get back tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        Relax - my sons 5 minute interview on Friday consisted mainly of talk about his and the interviewers guitar playing.
                        They are more interested in who you are than what you already know.

Jeff
                        Jeff

You are letting your son study pharmacy?????
                        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                          Jeff

You are letting your son study pharmacy?????
                          No he doesn't want to study pharmacy. The band is practicing downstairs as I write - I just want him to leave home.

Jeff

Comment

my interview was ok, they asked why bath? bout my work experience? what would influence my decision to choose bath? what qualities do pharmacist posess?!!

Comment

Working...
                            X