Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nottingham interview

hey guys

i got an offer 4rm brighton nd just got a letter off nottingham invitin me for an interview. just wonderin if anyone has had an interview yet and has any advice like what the questions were like.
    [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Purple"]Nenah[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I got an interview there next wednesday, whens yours?
    coconn

Comment

mine isnt till ages away, its in january(17th) but just wanted 2 start preparin earlier.

ps: i've also got an interview 4 bath on 12th dec, has n e 1 been?? wut was it lyk, nd how the hell do u get ther?

Comment

I know about 10 people who have had a bath interview and it's apparently very relaxed and more like a chat to make sure you're not some kind of psycho, rather than a formal interview. They basically ask "why bath?" and "why pharmacy?" and probably a couple of things about your personal statement.

Comment

thanks!! need to work out answers for those ones. wut kind of questions should i ask the unis cuz apparently they like it when you ask them questions

Comment

Try looking through the uni prospectus and the course and pick out things that interest you about the course and ask about it. Just off the top of my head for example, if they say that students undertake placements in the 3rd year or something, you could ask if the university provides any help with getting the placements or providing contacts for placements for you. Just anything really- i'm sure most people couldn't care less what the answer to the question is but it's just nice to seem enthusiastic

Bath probably has the least formal interview out of all the unis so you should be ok. about 80% of one my friend's interview was mostly him asking the interviewer questions hehe.
            Good luck!

Comment

any one had an interview on nottingham or more info on bath interviews??

Comment

brighton,bradford,ljmu,robert gordon,portsmouth, uea. my unis are so awful compared to u lots.
                3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

It's nearly 5 years since I had my interviews at uni, but this might still help you.

Nottingham interview asked about what I had learned in Biology & Chemistry.
                  They asked me if I knew how insulin was produced, if I knew about genetics and if I'd covered aspirin in chemistry.

Manchester asked me how many different dosage forms I could name (different ways to give medicines) e.g. tablets, liquids, injections.

I think I was asked if I could name 5 drugs I could buy from a pharmacy too and what they were for.
                  Last edited by richtagg; 3, December 2006, 10:21 PM.
                  _____

Comment

^^Wow... that's amazin. Seems Manchester still ask the same questions they did 5 years ago! Well, some of the same ones anyway.

Comment

lol, that doesn't surprise me really!
                      _____

Comment

omg!! was it really scary?? patronising, i wud hav bin so scared, thxn tho. i better get preparing, n e more questions 4rm n e 1 else wud b very helpful

thnx

Comment

DOES ANYONE HERE REMEMBER HOW TO SPELL PROPERLY, OR HAVE I TURNED INTO A BORING OLD F*RT PREMATURELY?!?
                          Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
                            DOES ANYONE HERE REMEMBER HOW TO SPELL PROPERLY, OR HAVE I TURNED INTO A BORING OLD F*RT PREMATURELY?!?
                            Welcome to the wrong side of the generation gap ;-)

Jeff

Comment

Damn kids with their text speak!

Comment

Working...
                              X