Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

university fee band.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • university fee band.

    Hello,

    I am going to attend a pharmacy course for overseas pharmacists(it is like a conversion course), I asked the university about its fee band, they told me it is a non-standard fee, my question is what does it mean, and because it is a non-standard are home students(home students are uk and eu students or whoever lived in the uk for 3 years or more not as student) still entitled for a discount comparing to international students who should pay the full fee, ( I graduated from overseas but I am british).
    When I asked this university about home students reduction they said they do not offer this discount, i was so upset because it is not fair, i think our government gives this money to universities so we (home students ) pay less than international students!!! this course is very very expensive.

    many thanks.

  • #2
    Originally posted by ramroum
    Hello,

    I am going to attend a pharmacy course for overseas pharmacists(it is like a conversion course), I asked the university about its fee band, they told me it is a non-standard fee, my question is what does it mean, and because it is a non-standard are home students(home students are uk and eu students or whoever lived in the uk for 3 years or more not as student) still entitled for a discount comparing to international students who should pay the full fee, ( I graduated from overseas but I am british).
    When I asked this university about home students reduction they said they do not offer this discount, i was so upset because it is not fair, i think our government gives this money to universities so we (home students ) pay less than international students!!! this course is very very expensive.

    many thanks.
    Boy this doesn't seem fair does it! Why not write to the Pharmaceutical Journal - Linnear will help you do that because he writes letters all the time to it! You could also try e-mailing/writing to the university, and keep all correspondence of course in case you later need it

    I'm sorry but I have no experience of this type of thing. There are a few people on the forum who do courses, so they might have some ideas for you. Just be patient and give then the chance to reply.

    Good luck !
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

    Comment


    • #3
      Dear Admin,

      Thank you very much for your reply. I think it is a good idea.
      I was thinking about talking to my local MP.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ramroum
        Dear Admin,

        Thank you very much for your reply. I think it is a good idea.
        I was thinking about talking to my local MP.
        I think you should talk to as many people who can help !

        Your local MP is suposed to be there to help you, so try it.
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by admin
          Boy this doesn't seem fair does it! Why not write to the Pharmaceutical Journal - Linnear will help you do that because he writes letters all the time to it! You could also try e-mailing/writing to the university, and keep all correspondence of course in case you later need it
          Always ready to wade into a battle!

          If you would like help with letters etc. PM me with the details and I'll send you a rough draft of what I'd put.

          All the best

          Linnear
          Linnear MRPharmS

          Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

          In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.



          For handy pharmacy links try
          pharmacistance.co.uk

          If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
          eloquent-e-tales

          Comment


          • #6
            Dear Linnear,

            Thank you for being ready to help who needs you, this is very kind.
            I will send you the details soon.

            Comment

            Working...
            X