Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which university for pharmacy!

Hello!
    (My first post here, so please be kind!)

I've applied to study Pharmacy this September and I was looking for any replies from current students or alumni about the course/uni life at:

-King's College, London
    -London School of Pharmacy
    -Manchester
    -Nottingham
    -Bath

Manchester looks great because they do clinical tutorials in hospitals, but Nottingham has a fantastic reputation.

I've heard good things about them all, but any further insight would really be appreciated!

pharm2013

Re: Which university for pharmacy!

Originally posted by pharm2013 View Post
    Hello!
    (My first post here, so please be kind!)

pharm2013
    Welcome here, we are friendly bunch of people

regarding Nottingham, have a look here
    http://www.pharmacy-forum.co.uk/stud...ngham-uni.html
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

In short, they're all great! No matter where your degree is from, you will have to pass the same registration exam as everyone else. It is all down to personal choice. Go down to the university open days, have a good poke around and try to get a feel for each campus. Go with the one you like the most.

I went to Bath. Feel free to pm me if you want any in-depth info on the uni and the city.
      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

I went to London, which I enjoyed except I now feel I missed out as I was commuting from my home in Ilford each day. Best to get away from home.

heard great stories re Brighton, Portsmouth and Bath.
        johnep

Comment

Give Medway School of Pharmacy a look- If you can get in, its one of the best schools in the UK !

Comment

Originally posted by jcpmed View Post
            Give Medway School of Pharmacy a look- If you can get in, its one of the best schools in the UK !
            is it for real? no means to offend anyone, but where does it stand in the rank list for the top 10 universities? ( assuming 'one of the best' means one of the top 10?)
            Last edited by Rafael; 19, January 2009, 09:33 PM.
            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
            [/COLOR]

Comment

As its new, great basic sciences teaching, lecturers are great. Plus alot of money is being ploughed in at the Uni. Anyways, after your pre-reg it doesnt matter where you go. Nobody really cares. The older universities - you are just a number to them. In times of trouble, you are easily replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
                Welcome here, we are friendly bunch of people

regarding Nottingham, have a look here
                http://www.pharmacy-forum.co.uk/stud...ngham-uni.html
                Thanks Raoul- I'm sure you are!

Cheers for the link. Their course looks really good with lots of opportunities.

Are you a current student there?

pharm2013

Comment

Originally posted by jcpmed View Post
                  Thanks for the advice. I've already sent off my application so I don't think I can add another choice.
                  I actually used to work someone who goes there and she's having a good time!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                    In short, they're all great! No matter where your degree is from, you will have to pass the same registration exam as everyone else. It is all down to personal choice. Go down to the university open days, have a good poke around and try to get a feel for each campus. Go with the one you like the most.

I went to Bath. Feel free to pm me if you want any in-depth info on the uni and the city.
                    Thanks for the comment. I'm probably going to go scout out each place twice (just in case!) because apparently university should be the best years of your life...

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                    I went to London, which I enjoyed except I now feel I missed out as I was commuting from my home in Ilford each day. Best to get away from home.

heard great stories re Brighton, Portsmouth and Bath.
                    johnep
                    Yes LSOP doesn't guarantee accomodation, which is one of my main factors. Plus, private accomodation in London is too expensive!

pharm2013

PS Sorry for the multiple posts- I just found out how to multi quote in one post!

Comment

PS Sorry for the multiple posts- I just found out how to multi quote in one post!
                      tell me how please :P
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

On the bottom right of the post- click the second button on the posts you want to quote. The button then goes red and on the last post you want to quote, press the usual quote button (the first button).

Hope I explained it clearly enough!

Comment

On the bottom right of the post- click the second button on the posts you want to quote. The button then goes red and on the last post you want to quote, press the usual quote button (the first button).

Hope I explained it clearly enough!
                          Thanks for the comment. I'm probably going to go scout out each place twice (just in case!) because apparently university should be the best years of your life...

Yes LSOP doesn't guarantee accomodation, which is one of my main factors. Plus, private accomodation in London is too expensive!

pharm2013

thanks
                          is it working now?

how about if i want to quote multiples bits of 1 post?
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

thanks
                            is it working now?

how about if i want to quote multiples bits of 1 post?
                            Yes it's working! I thought I'm the newbie- you have had 696 posts (maybe because you couldn't multi quote...!)

Erm I'm not quite sure in one post - it looks like some code. I'll tell you when I find out though!

pharm2013

Comment

Yes it's working! I thought I'm the newbie- you have had 696 posts (maybe because you couldn't multi quote...!)

Erm I'm not quite sure in one post - it looks like some code. I'll tell you when I find out though!

pharm2013
                              i write lots of bullshit, i hope that explains the 696 figure lol
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X