Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck with my audit project !!aaghhh

Hi
    Im a pre-reg at boots () and need to complete an audit...a requirement for the society. The problem is the dispensary is not that busy and running quite efficiently....cant see anything that might need auditing or improving...can anyone suggest me some ideas or tell me something they have audited in the past?? anything welcome!!! many thanks!!

Re: Stuck with my audit project !!aaghhh

hey
    there are loads of options for you
    1-audit the prescription collection and delivery service
    2- audit customer satisfaction, you only need to design a questioner form, say 2 pages with questions to be answered by ticking a space
    i.e how many times do you visit the pharmacy/ week
    do you feel the H.care assistants are trained enough to assist you
    are you satisfied with the services provide
    what extra services would you like to have from the pharmacy ( provide options).
    .........etc
    you get the drift...

you can audit the needle exchange scheme, you can audit any service provided by the pharmacy.

hope that helps
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Firstly thank you for your ideas...i like the customer satisfaction idea...i have never done an audit before...is it observing something.. reviewing ur feedback and then implementing a change??

Comment

Check out the Society's Audit resources at Rpsgb.org: Audit resources

They have all the forms etc ready to fill in. You don't have to do anything particularly difficult.

How about an audit of owings and the level of prescription items owed, and the reasons for out-of-stock situations?

It's there as a template - not particularly interesting but not too onerous either!!

Comment

yes, first of all prepare a 2 pages questioner forms, with something around 20 questions or so.

target the patient who are waiting for scripts to be done, gather at least 200 forms ( could be done in a week)

findings: use tablets, and plot the results showing i.e 80% of the patients were satisfied with the services provided, 20% said the services are poor, because of ------

40 % would like to see have ' health and beauty' section in the pharmacy

recommendations; review the SOP to provide a better services focusing on the poorest ones.
          [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by pre-reg=misery View Post
            Hi
            The problem is the dispensary is not that busy and running quite efficiently..
            An audit is just that. The result can quite validly show that things are going well. In fact, show your AM and prepare for quick promotion

Its a mistake to think that if you don't find something dire you haven't done it properly.

Unusual, though
            ....just my opinion

Comment

Exactly...

The whole reason for an audit is that it is a test that is expected to be passed. You will clearly not be expected to do a full branch practice audit, so why not choose something that makes you look good?
              (You certainly would neither be the first nor the last to do so!)

Fleeg.
              Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

My favourite (and easy) audit is to confirm that all methadone patients have been warned of the danger methadone poses to children. It's repeatable - and an annual reminder does no harm.
                Oh and it's easy to get references for methadone overdoses in children.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas...highly appreciated. The society's guide to audit is really helpfull makes things alot simpler!!

Comment

Whatever the problem, there is always an answer here. May not be exactly what you want, but we do our best.
                    johnep

Comment

Working...
                    X