X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvq3

Hi

If anyone can help me with this question I would be eternally grateful.

'Describe the testing processes that are undertaken when making products in a licensed unit. Consider all the testing that may be undertaken at different stages to ensure the finished product is passed for use'

many thanks

Not really relevant in retail, but possible in hospital. If the latter, then should be plenty of help on hand.
    Basically consider making a product similar to making something in the kitchen. What would you do to start?
    johnep

Comment

I am in Community Pharmacy.

Comment

OK. 1) Check you have all the necessary ingredients and any equipment ready.
        2) The main ingredient should have been pretested (you do not want to be using sodium fluoride instead of sodium, Chloride)
        3) get all the ingredients measured out correctly. Custom is to have them checked at this stage.
        4) Add in order as per formula instructions.
        5) Mix as necessary using correct equipment.
        6) When complete have Quality Control test and issue Analytical Certificate.
        7) Now pack into suitable containers.
        8) If a sterile product for eyes or injection, sterilise as prescribed by instructions.
        9) Label with prescribed Identification of product and expiry date.
        10) If for a pt , ensure dosage instructions are clear and concise.
        11) Pack into protective carton also clearly labelled.
        Google good manufacturing practice and Quality Control Tests.
        All completely irrelevant in retail and probably the NPA out dated course.
        If Buttercups, then they are are always ready to help and just a call away.
        good luck
        johnep

Comment

thank you John. I was almost there but you have helped enormously

Comment

Working...
          X