Resitting module 8 :-(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resitting module 8 :-(

heya, unfortunately I am currently resitting module 8, as I answered a question incorrectly boho! I’m a little stuck! on one of th questions..

describe three factors that affect the absorption of drugs...

1. Food?
    2. Certain drugs like Ferrous sulfate
    3. ??

not sure if I’m thinking of the right things. Has anyone else struggled with this question?

Last edited by huxley; 20th, June 2018, 04:05 PM. Reason: Deleted

Comment

Search the forum using the search box. Absorption of drugs.
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by becketybop View Post
        heya, unfortunately I am currently resitting module 8, as I answered a question incorrectly boho! I’m a little stuck! on one of th questions..

describe three factors that affect the absorption of drugs...

1. Food?
        2. Certain drugs like Ferrous sulfate
        3. ??

not sure if I’m thinking of the right things. Has anyone else struggled with this question?
        I’m confident that the answer to this question will be in the notes in your coursework. In the meantime, to give you a clue about what you are looking for, try a google search about factors affecting drug absorption. I get the feeling that you are trying to be logical about it and answer off the top of your head, but this question is looking for more.

When you identify three factors, name them, describe how they work and give an example for each one. I would also remember that not all drugs are taken orally, so it might be worth looking at different methods of administration too and why they use that method and how absorption takes place. As an example of that, I am on Humira and I inject myself every other week. I can’t take Humira by mouth because the digestive system would destroy the active ingredient making it ineffective.

Comment

I sent you a pm but you are not taking these. Our friend has a grandson in hospital this week and recently diagnosed with Crohns. I am giving her a forum fact sheet on adalimumab and perhaps you could pm me with your experience of this med.
          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
            I sent you a pm but you are not taking these. Our friend has a grandson in hospital this week and recently diagnosed with Crohns. I am giving her a forum fact sheet on adalimumab and perhaps you could pm me with your experience of this med.
            johnep
            I’ve changed the message settings and replied to you John. Humira is a brilliant drug and it has worked wonders in getting me into remission. I hope your friend’s grandson has the same experience with it.

Comment

Working...
            X