Paying for NVQ3 privately.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for NVQ3 privately.

Hi, I am thinking of paying to do the NVQ3 course privately. Has anyone had experience of doing this? I have completed my NVQ2 which took 4 months (3 months longer than it should of done), but where I work, I have to be employed by them (Lloyds) for 2 years before they enrol me on the NVQ3 course. I don't want to wait that long, so I was thinking that if I pay for the course privately, I could start right away? I am very keen to become a technician. I don't know how supportive my boss will be, do they get a say whether I can enrol or not? Another reason I want to do I think privately, is that I don't know whether the store will even be open in 2 years time. Hopefully, people can advise me! Thanks!

The multiples ration supporting NVQ3 training on two points, (1) Cost, but also (2) I have come across techs who used their NVQ3 to get a better career in hospital.
    The multiples do not want to be used as a ladder.
    johnep

Comment

You can do the nvq3 privately but you still need to be working in a pharmacy with a pharmacist or technician signing off your competencies. It’s not just an academic qualification, the bulk of it involves the practical work that you do on a day to day basis. Will someone in your pharmacy sign off your work?

Comment

You can pay privately but will need a mentor so will still need your employers help.

Comment

Yes, there is a pharmacist who likely will sign me off. We do not get on with each other, but she wants more trained staff without putting the training in. Thanks for your replies.

Comment

Don't expect a pay rise!
            johnep

Comment

As long as she reads and verifies your work she is classed as a mentor so yes that could work.

Comment

Working...
              X