Applications - poorly presented?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applications - poorly presented?

This isn't a knee jerk reaction as such but I have applied to 4 retail summer placements. I have had 2 rejections and 2 haven't applied. I am wondering whether my application and cv were rubbish or am I thinking too far ahead. It doesn't fill me with confidence when we have to start applying for pre-reg next year.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: Applications - poorly presented?

what about industry, i remember you was interested in getting a place.
    the common rule is; 10 people competing for 2 places, 8 are rejected, in another area 2 people applying for 10 places, offers are given to all.
    if you are willing to spend the summer in a different city, then apply to any place in kent, Devon, Liverpool, or the south east of England and you will get a place easily.
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

I have just come across this forum. I am a third year student so i will be playing for pre reg soon.

I have applied for summer placements with boots lloyds and co-op and have not heard back from any them. I know people have got places and interviews with boots and lloyds but I have not heard back from them so I am assuming I have not got a place. I am really stressed out as pre reg applications will be starting soon and the only experience I have is a few weeks in a independent.

I wanted to do pre reg with one of the three companies but now I don't thing I will get a place. I am worried I wont end up with a summer placement and this will mean I will not get to do pre reg with one of these companies. Any advice on my situation will be appreciated.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about pre-reg places - there are plenty of other companies out there besides the big multiples. I got a community pre-reg (well I got two as it turned out because my first one was awful lol) despite having had no previous experience of community pharmacy because I had originally intended to do hospital or industrial pharmacy - nobody seemed to hold it against me so you probably have nothing to worry about

Comment

Does anyone know when co-op will be letting people know if they have got a place or not.

Have lloyds finished their recruitment now or will they still be inviting more people for interviews?

Still stressed out...any help will be appreciated.

Comment

Community pharmacy all the way
            Last edited by Asterix; 6, April 2009, 11:58 AM.
            3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix View Post
              only interested in 3rd years industry, going to be so tough to apply next year as its pre reg apps time.
              You may be able to get a summer research project at your uni. I did that in 2nd year as i knew i wouldn't be able to get an industry placement until 3rd year - and i wanted to spend my 3rd year summer doing hospital and a teeny-weeny bit of community.

Also, Raoul: Getting a placement in Liverpool isn't that easy. *sad face*
              I like beef and i like liver, meow mix meow mix please deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerSwift View Post
                You may be able to get a summer research project at your uni. I did that in 2nd year as i knew i wouldn't be able to get an industry placement until 3rd year - and i wanted to spend my 3rd year summer doing hospital and a teeny-weeny bit of community.

Also, Raoul: Getting a placement in Liverpool isn't that easy. *sad face*
                what are the industries which offer 3rd yr placements?

Comment

As far as i am aware its only AZ and GSK. I think Pfizer used to but i don't think they do any more. Something to do with health and safety, and other training stuff.

I think Sharpe Merck and Domme (correct spelling?) do the odd placement too, but i am not too sure where their sites are.
                  I like beef and i like liver, meow mix meow mix please deliver.

Comment

Working...
                  X