X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total panic !

My 3rd year results have come out!
    Last edited by Asterix; 1, February 2009, 11:16 AM.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: Total panic !

Originally posted by Asterix View Post
    I have been trying to get a summer placement in industry and I have been ringing the manufacturers at the back of the BNF. Now my phone has free minutes so I used that but I have just realised, doesn't it cost to ring these numbers. My parents are going to kill me

In future do a bit of home work, look on the net first or if you have a non geographical number use this site http://www.saynoto0870.com to get a cheaper calling option.

I really don't understand how it is going to cost you if you used free minutes but anyway best of luck.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
    (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Most cos have 0800 nbrs. Even if it says orders, just ask to be transferred.
      johnep

Comment

I got a bit excited by finding work and didn't do my homework. Are all of them pay per minute.

Comment

Originally posted by paul2008 View Post
          In future do a bit of home work, look on the net first or if you have a non geographical number use this site http://www.saynoto0870.com to get a cheaper calling option.

I really don't understand how it is going to cost you if you used free minutes but anyway best of luck.

Just that my mum said say if you phone a company like curries with a 0800 number they charge like 30p per minute and she wasn't in a good mood so I didn't actually ask how this would affect me if I used my free munutes

paul I have just gone to that site, so wait if you only use 0800 numbers there is a charge, not others?

Comment

If you got a job, can't see that they'll be worried.

Did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix View Post
              Just that my mum said say if you phone a company like curries with a 0800 number they charge like 30p per minute and she wasn't in a good mood so I didn't actually ask how this would affect me if I used my free munutes

paul I have just gone to that site, so wait if you only use 0800 numbers there is a charge, not others?
              0800 numbers generally free on a landline. My cellphone charges something like 30ppm but usually it warns me. 0870, 0871,0844 and 0845 etc not usually included in "free minutes" and on a cellphone can cost up to and over 50ppm depending on your contract, theoretically only 1-6ppm on a land line I don't know. but its always worth checking with you service provider almost all rates are on their website if you look hard enough

If you find the geographical number begins with 01 or 02(London) or the national business number (03) it is included in most free minute packages hence say no to 0870.

Other numbers can be much more per minute I think 0500 is also a free phone and 09 very expensive, 07s all cellphones.

A knowledge of the phone system can save you quite a bit, as I found when job hunting, the other option is to ask them to call you, works more often that I thought it would.
              Last edited by paul2008; 16, November 2008, 12:53 PM. Reason: needed a ,
              Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
              (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Working...
              X