Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pharmacy Contract

Just one or two questions I have:

1. For providing enhanced services such as smoking cessation the pharmacist is reimburshed by the PCT. However, is that extra pay or part of a fixed salary contract.
    2. Secondly, in terms of providing training for the Pharmacist to do these schemes, is it an overnight process by the PCT or is it monthly?
    3. MUR is the only advanced service of the contract, will this actually change and there will be more services offered or?
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: New Pharmacy Contract

Originally posted by Asterix View Post
    Just one or two questions I have:

1. For providing enhanced services such as smoking cessation the pharmacist is reimburshed by the PCT. However, is that extra pay or part of a fixed salary contract.
    2. Secondly, in terms of providing training for the Pharmacist to do these schemes, is it an overnight process by the PCT or is it monthly?
    3. MUR is the only advanced service of the contract, will this actually change and there will be more services offered or?
    1) The contractor is paid by the PCT (hopefully. By rumour, they're not very good at doing this in any sort of accurate and/or timely manner). If the pharmacist isn't the contractor (ie is an employee) then they won't see any of this money unless the have negotiated something with their employer (pretty much unheard of with the multiples).

2) Patchy. Some PCTs ask for CPPE/WCPPE courses, some hold training evenings. A big problem is the PCTs seem unaware of the movement in pharmacists and don't often run sessions for new people to come into the scheme - so a service which had say 95% provision across pharmacies at start-up might be down to 50% after the first year.

3) Clicky
    Employed again... paid holidays! Yipee

Comment

ah thanks for the information. Nice to hear about the pig too.

Comment

I just think that you are looking for a general principle here. I wonder if you will find one.

I am reminded of a conversation I had with a senior luminary in the prescription pricing authority some years ago, who said that when interviewing staff, he found it best to recommend to any applicants who showed signs of common sense or original thinking that they would be happier working somewhere else.
        ....just my opinion

Comment

Just been looking back at my bath uni lecture notes and it relates to pharmacy vision 03 and goverment reform 05 etc. What I want to know is why did the new pharmacy contract actually come about and is it available to read on the net?

Comment

Here is a good link to find out exactly what is in the new Phcy contract:
            The Pharmacy Contract Pharmacy Contract & Services PSNC
            Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

it does not need a genious to google 'pharmacy contract'!!

pharmacy contract - Google Search

look how many sites are available, starting with the excellent link zoggita suggested.
              [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Would anyone say medicines management is part of the pharmacy contract. More importantly I am getting confused between white papers, NHS policy, NHS contract 2000, what is what?!
                Last edited by Asterix; 18, April 2009, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X