Law questions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law questions thread

Got a lot of law questions so will ask in this thread only. I would appreciate it if people could quickly explain some of my doubts.

Firstly, what is SI? I have a definition of a vet medicine from the SI.

2. I have legal classes of vet medicines and one of them is NFA-VPS (PML) - non- food producing animal vet, pharmacist, sqp?

What is a non food producing animal vet and sqp?
    Last edited by Asterix; 2, November 2008, 04:18 PM.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: Law questions thread

Statutory Instrument ?? See MEP for more
    http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

maybe superintendent?
      [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
      [/COLOR]

Comment

NFA-VPS stands for non-food producing animal - veterinarian, pharmacist, suitably qualified person (sqp)
        Any vet medicinal product in this category can be supplied by either a registered vet surgeon or a registered pharmacist. A product will be in this category if it is indicated for use in non-food animals (hence the name)

Comment

yeah MEP is really useful, just reading that. There is contradiction about repeats within my notes and mep though. It says in the MEP, '' in the case of a repeatable prescription that does not specify the number of times it may be dispensed, it shall not be dispensed on more than 2 occasions. (i.e. the prescription may only be dispensed once).

However my notes say it can be repeated if stated, however many times as script states.

Also what is MOD ACT?

Comment

I think it stands for Misuse of Drugs Act

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix View Post
              yeah MEP is really useful, just reading that. There is contradiction about repeats within my notes and mep though. It says in the MEP, '' in the case of a repeatable prescription that does not specify the number of times it may be dispensed, it shall not be dispensed on more than 2 occasions. (i.e. the prescription may only be dispensed once).

However my notes say it can be repeated if stated, however many times as script states.

Also what is MOD ACT?
              There is no contradiction - if it says "repeat" but doesn't state how many then you can dispense it twice - one normal dispensing and then one repeat (as mep states).

If it does say how many repeats, ie. repeat 3 times, you can repeat it 3 times (as your notes state).

Comment

right got it thanks pinkglitter.

Another qu: What is the point of giving a POM prescription as a private or NHS. Can they not all be written in the same format. e.g. either as NHS or as private?

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix View Post
                  right got it thanks pinkglitter.

Another qu: What is the point of giving a POM prescription as a private or NHS. Can they not all be written in the same format. e.g. either as NHS or as private?
                  let's say you move to another city, still did not register with a GP and needed some medicines for any reason. you go to a private GP clinic and he issues a private script for you ( usually white script).
                  NHS has different format than private scripts. even NHS scripts have different color and requirement i.e dentists scripts are yellow, Drug Mis-use instalment prescription are blue...etc
                  anyways check this site
                  http://www.ppa.org.uk/english_prescr...form_types.pdf
                  [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Also some medicines aren't allowed to be prescribed on NHS, e.g malaria prophylaxis so you have to get a private script and pay for the cost of the medicine as it's not fair on the NHS to fork out cos people want to go travelling

Comment

Originally posted by PinkGlitter View Post
                      Also some medicines aren't allowed to be prescribed on NHS, e.g malaria prophylaxis so you have to get a private script and pay for the cost of the medicine as it's not fair on the NHS to fork out cos people want to go travelling
                      However treatment is free when you return from your travels.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
                        let's say you move to another city, still did not register with a GP and needed some medicines for any reason. you go to a private GP clinic and he issues a private script for you ( usually white script).
                        NHS has different format than private scripts. even NHS scripts have different color and requirement i.e dentists scripts are yellow, Drug Mis-use instalment prescription are blue...etc
                        anyways check this site
                        http://www.ppa.org.uk/english_prescr...form_types.pdf

Don't for get EU or Swiss scripts are treated as private scripts.
                        However you need to be sure of the bona-fides of the prescriber.
                        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

It says for vet medicines: products not dispensed under the cascade do not legally need to be labelled.

Comment

What do you mean "cascade" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                              What do you mean "cascade" ?
                              yeah that's what I don't get

Comment

Working...
                              X