No announcement yet.

Do you think I will get into pharmacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think I will get into pharmacy?

Hello i'm new here on this forum and i was just wondering if i had a chance of getting into pharmacy.

My AS grades were:

Chemistry = B (close to an A)
    Biology = B
    Maths = C (close to a B)
    Business (dropped subject) = D

I have lots of experience already because i have a part-time job at Boots as a Healthcare assistant selling over the counter medicines.
    I've done some work experience in my local Day Lewis pharmacy store for one week so i know what the job involves. I've also worked at Pfizer for a week.

The Universities i am going to apply for are:
    Kings college london
    Kingston
    Reading
    East Anglia
    Medway

My teachers haven't given me my predicted grades yet.

Thanks for the help

Re: Do you think I will get into pharmacy?

Sounds to me as though you are just the student we are looking for.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      Sounds to me as though you are just the student we are looking for.
      johnep
      not sure about the listed schools. but aston and cardiff ask for AAB these days as minimal requirement.
      Last edited by Rafael; 29, September 2008, 04:05 PM.
      [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Thankyou. Im only going to apply to one top University because i don't want to get rejected everywhere.

Comment

Anyone else have any advice aswell, please?

Comment

I'm sure you'll get in somewhere with those grades. I'm at Bath, they ask for ABB but I know people with BBC who got in (they were predicted higher and interviewed well) so really it comes down to your confidence in how well you can sell yourself in a personal statement and interview.

For what it's worth, I'd definitely recommend Bath. Have had a brilliant time there

Comment

i went to bath too and had a great time - especially on the roman romp!
              “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Today my teachers predicted me BBC.

Looks like I won't be going to Kings College London

Comment

Originally posted by alevelstudent View Post
                  Today my teachers predicted me BBC.

Looks like I won't be going to Kings College London
                  I wouldn't worry about it. It's more expensive to live in London but no better for pharmacy than any of the other universities

Comment

My teachers said today that I should scrap 2 of my choices and pick another course for those choices because they think I won't get accepted. I don't want to because I want to do Pharmacy! What do you guys think?

Comment

Stick to your guns. WE need enthusiastic people.
                      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by alevelstudent View Post
                        My teachers said today that I should scrap 2 of my choices and pick another course for those choices because they think I won't get accepted. I don't want to because I want to do Pharmacy! What do you guys think?
                        I'd talk to individual university admissions tutors about it. Ask them if they think those grades are good enough to apply - they know best!

Comment

Yes, i asked all of my choices if i would get an offer. So far only two Universities have replied which are:
                          Kingston has replied saying:

'Thank you for your email. If you don’t meet the entry requirements then there is a chance you can still get into University if you apply for the course through Clearing. This is the process that happens in September and means that applicants who didn’t quite make the grades can still apply through Clearing, providing there are still places on the course.
                          Thanks again for your enquiry and best wishes.'

East Anglia have replied saying:

'Thank you for your email.
                          As long as your predicted grades were not below BCC you would be likely to receive an offer (subject to a satisfactory application).
                          I hope this helps. I have attached a brochure with further details of the course.
                          Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
                          Best wishes'

Comment

Do what you want. I was told something similar when applying to my unis and I think you should stick to your guns. However as you have five choices on your ucas form it may be worth applying for a backup choice but in saying that if the worst came to the worst there is always clearing or the option of retaking A Levels if you dont do very well, and applying at a later date.

As long as you work hard and get resonable grades dont give up if it is what you really want to do!

Mark

Comment

Thanks for your help, and i will stick to my guns and apply for the unis i have chosen. If i don't get an offer, i can still go through clearing. Im going to work my hardest this year. I shall not bother this forum anymore lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X