Charing Cross Prereg Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charing Cross Prereg Interview

hey i have an interview at charing cross hospital and i was wondering if anyone knew any interview questions they ask specifically or any general hospital prereg questions
    thanks

Re: Charing Cross Prereg Interview

Originally posted by shivpopat View Post
    hey i have an interview at charing cross hospital and i was wondering if anyone knew any interview questions they ask specifically or any general hospital prereg questions
    thanks

Why did you choose Charring cross? Why hospital? Why pharmacy?
    Do you have any outside interests? What will you contribute to pharmacy team? What are your own strengths and weaknesses?

They will also be looking to see if you a confident , a good communicator and show aproriate body language. So I suggest practising with a fiend.

I think most of the London hospitals give you a little exercise but should not worry about it too much as its probably also a lot about being willing to look things up if you don't know.

Mostly they are looking to see that you will fit into the current set up. Lots of threads of the forum about interviews you could do a search.

Best of luck
    Last edited by paul2008; 5, September 2008, 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling again
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
    (T. Pratchett)

Comment

'practising with a fiend' , a freudian slip?
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
        'practising with a fiend' , a freudian slip?
        johnep

I guess so. You never know when having a fiend as a friend/sibling will come in useful
        Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
        (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Hey

Well done on getting the interview!

Charing Cross is a good hospital – big and busy.

You must sell yourself well for the interview

I’m just adding few more things to what Paul has already said:

1. Prepare answers for ‘why this hospital?’ ‘What can you offer’? Be prepared to discuss your work experience to date and what you have learnt from it.
          2. What do you want to do after qualifying? They offer the Residency
          3. How would you monitor for? ( digoxin, gentamicin, vancomycin, phenytoin etc)
          4. Can you go through this drug chart with me? What would you look for? (look at PJonline –Clinical Accuracy Checking’
          5. Current developments in hospital pharmacy?
          6. CPD? Explain it, give example etc
          7. How will you manage your workload as a pre-reg alongside study days/audits etc?
          8. Risk minimisation on the wards, dispensary and medicines information? (i.e drug histories need to be done, storage of meds on the ward, using patients own drugs)
          9. Outside Interests? Show them you can fit in

All the best
          Lazy Lady...
          [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by paul2008 View Post
            I guess so. You never know when having a fiend as a friend/sibling will come in useful

I tried summoning a fiend once. All i got was some lousy wizard who couldn't spell his name right on his pointy hat...
            “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

hey cheerz guys, that stuff will really help in my interview prep

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                I tried summoning a fiend once. All i got was some lousy wizard who couldn't spell his name right on his pointy hat...
                That would be Bill Gates' Merlin-like office "assistant", who falls asleep a lot, and snores loudly!
                Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Working...
                X