pharmacy summmer placements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pharmacy summmer placements?

im applyin to lloyds ,boots and a hospital placement for this summer but got some questions that am sure of and would really appreciate some help

cheers

Re: pharmacy summmer placements?

Perhaps it would be advisable to list the questions you are stuck on Ama and explain what you want help with.
    wake up and smell the 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione

Comment

well,,

what does the term PiP stand for?
      how many pharmacise do lloyds have in the healthcare centre?

here you go

dont tell me(i googled them for the hundreds time)

Comment

Originally posted by Ama2007 View Post
        well,,

what does the term PiP stand for?
        how many pharmacise do lloyds have in the healthcare centre?

here you go

dont tell me(i googled them for the hundreds time)
        i can give you the answers, but it seems you have not checked lloyda website for the 2nd question, believe it or not i read it last year on their website while applying for summer placement.
        http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/wps/po...lloydspharmacy
        anyways; PIP = pharmacist independent prescriber

check lloyds website for the other question, if you fail to find the answer, hit me back. i know it sound a bit annoying for you, but it's better if someone does his/her homework before :P
        good luck Ama
        [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
        [/COLOR]

Comment

cheers for the first one
          but honestly i ve read thier website million times it just says haow many altogethe like 1700
          an i ve asked sooo many people still not sure so would really appreciate your help ,

thank you

Comment

cheers for the first one
            but honestly i ve read thier website million times it just says haow many altogethe like 1700
            an i ve asked sooo many people still not sure so would really appreciate your help ,

thank you
            from their website, i quote the following:
            "Health Centre Locations

Lloydspharmacy currently has 384 GP Practice based pharmacies, with many others located close to doctors' practices. Patients are able to receive complete medical care from the doctors' practice, other healthcare providers and our Lloydspharmacy, all in close proximity."

feel free to ask any other questions ama
            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
            [/COLOR]

Comment

you ve made my day! big thanks

well wen i read it i wasnt sure of what it meant and its not one of the choice s available.

any way glad to see there are still some helpful people out there

Comment

remember, if you get 1 wrong answer, you won't be given a chance to attend an interview....... it's always worth to double check. multiples placments are highly competitive.

plus consider the location before applying, if you are flexible, you can get a place easily by applying for places with shortage of pharmacists.
                what are your 1st and 2nd preferred locations?
                they will discuss the location with you during the interview anyways.
                [/COLOR]

Comment

really i thought u just have to have a certain number of answers right.

plus im not sure about the number you gave me since its not one of the choice, would it be closer to it or something 358

but i thought interviews are only for 3rd years ,you get an automatic offer for 2nd years(me)

im sorry if am been rude but one more qs.
                  who are not key customers of lloyds? (i searched it ,is it RAC)
                  awards lloyds have recieved ? (is it diabetes)

cheers

Comment

really i thought u just have to have a certain number of answers right.

plus im not sure about the number you gave me since its not one of the choice, would it be closer to it or something 358

but i thought interviews are only for 3rd years ,you get an automatic offer for 2nd years(me)

cheers

the right answer is 358.
                    common sense says private hospitals i.e not NHS hospitals

lloyds won awards for BP testing

the answers are still fresh in my mind, believe it or not, as i read everything on their website 2 months ago before going 2 the pre-reg interview.

Ama, again you need to READ THROUGH their website, please do it! you have to do it now and before going for an interview, YES WORD BY WORD.
                    "no pain, no gain"
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

cheers[/QUOTE]

it's not about being rude, it's all about doing your homework trust me you are lucky Tony is not online to read your topic, his posts would be a bit tough on you.

btw you meant 2 more Qs not 1 lol
                      Last edited by Rafael; 4, September 2008, 12:11 PM.
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

i ve been searchin for these answers since june(wen thet opened thier application) im not a lazy bum okay,i ve even had the guts to phone an ask,,,, which didnt turn out as planed, i just want to see if any one is agreeing with my answers thats all because i want to submit it tommorow.

sorry to bother you

Comment

i ve been searchin for these answers since june(wen thet opened thier application) im not a lazy bum okay,i ve even had the guts to phone an ask,,,, which didnt turn out as planed, i just want to see if any one is agreeing with my answers thats all because i want to submit it tommorow.

sorry to bother you
                          Hi

You haven't bothered him - he's helped you hasn't he?

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

he has ,he helped with nearly all the questions i asked.
                            thanks this forum is actually some good because i ve been searchin for ages for these answers.

Comment

Hey guys, i have been filling in my lloyds application today and just wanted to confirm my answers with u guys. I would really appreciate if you could write back to say if the answer is correct or incorrect.

1) 'Which of the following has not been switched from POM to P?'

I got the answer that Simvastatin, Chloramphenicol and Amoxicillin had not been switched from POM to P. Only Levonelle One Step has been switched from POM to P.

2) 'Over the next 5 years, which of the following is not true when considering how the role of support staff in community pharmacies will change.

I am not entirely sure about some of the options given but i got the answer: They will not be eligible to prescribe POM's.Can someone please let me know whether any of the other options given in the question are not true.

3) 'Which of the following does not relate to the role of a accredited checking technician?'.

I chose the option 'a pharmaceutical and legal assessment of all prescriptions'. I chose this one because as far as i know they do not need pharmaceutical knowledge such as checking for interactions as that is done by the pharmacist. I thought all the other options were true.

4) 'Which of the following are not key customers of Lloyds Pharmacy?'

Has anyone found any websites which give any information about which companies are customers of Lloyds Pharmacy. I have not found any information so I am not sure what the correct answer is.

I have tried my best to answer these questions but have got a little stuck on them. I would really appreciate i someone could get back to me. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X