This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personal statement

i have chosen to delete this thread as i wish to make changes to the personal statement and no longer wish to have it posted here
    thank you
    Last edited by hadfield; 6, September 2008, 04:38 PM. Reason: Reposted to make thread make sense!

Re: personal statement

Sounds pretty good to me. You covered all the basics, shown that you have a good knowledge of what pharmacy is about, good grounding for pharmacy education and the fact you seem passionate about entering pharmacy. As well as your extra curricular activities that show your a well rounded, out-going individual.

I obviously cant say for sure but I think you have covered everything an admission tutor is looking for, and depending on your academic qualifications I think you should be fine. Which unis are you applying to?

Mark

Comment

Very good PS. As Mark mentioned, you have more or less covered everything. Might be an idea to specifically mention how you understand the profession is evolving continously with MURS, Independent prescribing courses for Pharmacists etc. In the section you mention what you have experienced in the Pharmacy, try adding a bit more if you can...ie dossettes, any nursing homes? witnessed the pharmacists supervise methadone/subutex patients? the Pharmacists relationship with other community healthcare professionals.

Comment

Thank you
        yeah Il try to to add a bit more of my experinces into it
        Im thinking to apply to
        Bath
        Aston
        Manchester
        Nottingham
        and not sure on the 5th choice
        very confused with where to chose though. Is there a University which is supposably best for pharmacy?

Comment

Originally posted by hadfield View Post
          bungee jumping from Middlesbrough Transporter bridge
          How does that get to be arranged?
          It might make a novel birthday present for my son.

Jeff

Comment

Very very good experience, definately recommend it as a present
            I found it on clinton cards experiences but you can easily just go to ukbungee.com ( can sometimes take a while to load) and organise it from there.

Comment

Bath is supposed to be pretty good but to be honest as all courses are accredited by the RPSGB they will be pretty much the same standard just taught in different ways. So my advice would be visit the unis and get a feel what life might be like there and in that city as you will be spending 4 or 5 years of your life there, and find out how the course is taught. Is it old school with lots of basic science lectures or more modern with more clinical focus and interaction with patients etc...

Comment

I got in without a personal statement or an interview just like that...dont why

Comment

HOW?!?!?
                  what grades did you get and why didnt you submit a personal statement?!?!?!

Comment

well its a long story but ill try to make it brief...

got the grades i didnt expect (AAAAB at highers) so phoned strath on 1st of sep told them this and the next day they offered my da place.

i guess its just luck coz it was too late and i was expecting AAAAA.

p.s i know all my friends are jealous

Comment

oh so you got in through clearing?
                      I take it highers are the equivalent of A2s now?
                      Did you not intend to do pharmacy when you expected AAAAA?
                      Im jealous too I would do anything to not have to draft and redraft personal statements and go to "interview practise" ( a compulsary course at my school for any courses that may require interview) ahhhhhhhh

Comment

deleted it now for changes
                        This post was a thread-starter....

Respondents have now replied to a non-existent thread...
                        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

oh so you got in through clearing?
                          I take it highers are the equivalent of A2s now?
                          Did you not intend to do pharmacy when you expected AAAAA?
                          Im jealous too I would do anything to not have to draft and redraft personal statements and go to "interview practise" ( a compulsary course at my school for any courses that may require interview) ahhhhhhhh

no actually i intended to do something else but sincei had to make my decision quick i decided i will go for pharmacy since ive been told its easy job for females.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
                            This post was a thread-starter....

Respondents have now replied to a non-existent thread...
                            No they haven't - I put it back!
                            Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                            Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Ama2007 View Post
                              no actually i intended to do something else but sincei had to make my decision quick i decided i will go for pharmacy since ive been told its easy job for females.
                              Easy job - which looney told you that????

It's anything but easy.
                              Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                              Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
                              X