2nd Degrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Degrees

I am just wondering what other degrees you can do in order to combine with a mpharm.
    I know you can do a PHD in order to get into industry but bar that and an MBA, what others can you do?
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: 2nd Degrees

You could do one of the following:

1. Law…influence changes in pharmacy????
    2. Computer science – pharmacy IT development??
    3. Economics
    4. Medicine – some ppl do choose this

Personally, I would just stick to an MSc or PhD……I don’t want to be studying all the time!
    Lazy Lady...
    [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

You can do an Msc in Clinical and Health Services Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Engineering Advanced Training (PEAT) and Pharmaceutical Industrial Advanced Training (PIAT).
      Another option would be to do a course with someone like Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education (CPPE). The CPPE focuses more on community and hospital pharmacy if that is your area.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Nite View Post
        You could do one of the following:

1. Law…influence changes in pharmacy????
        2. Computer science – pharmacy IT development??
        3. Economics
        4. Medicine – some ppl do choose this

Personally, I would just stick to an MSc or PhD……I don’t want to be studying all the time!
        Yeah silly to do medicine if you ask me.

Anyway computer science is that a 3 year course. I heard of something called pharmaceutical law?

What does pharmacy IT development involve?

Comment

lol Im applying to medicine this year....

Comment

Originally posted by giggsy View Post
            I am just wondering what other degrees you can do in order to combine with a mpharm.
            I know you can do a PHD in order to get into industry but bar that and an MBA, what others can you do?
            2nd degree lol what a joke giggsy.....
            i can't wait to start
            +finish my pre-reg year, and start praticing
            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
            [/COLOR]

Comment

I know what you mean ray but I think having a 2nd degree opens up more avenues and enables you to look for a different job if you do get bored of pharmacy.

Comment

Originally posted by mm45 View Post
                lol Im applying to medicine this year....
                I heard the other day that graduate pay in medicine is lower than the national average? any truth?

Comment

Well its ok i think its about £30k start but if you factor in that most junior doctors are working most of the hours of the day then its pretty crap per hour. There was this rule in which the NHS only paid drs for 1/3 of the on-call time but in reality they were working alot more. To be honest if I get into medicine it will years and years more study its rather daunting but i think its right thing for me... anyway i like the uni life... haha

There is abit of me just saying no dont do it and stick with a 'nice' pharmacy job and enjoy my life

Comment

30k a year during training is not bad is it, someone was saying you get £12,000 during fy1. A lot of my mates have gone into medicine but for me 7 years is too long.

Comment

Originally posted by manu View Post
                      You can do an Msc in Clinical and Health Services Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Engineering Advanced Training (PEAT) and Pharmaceutical Industrial Advanced Training (PIAT).
                      Another option would be to do a course with someone like Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education (CPPE). The CPPE focuses more on community and hospital pharmacy if that is your area.
                      what would that allow you to go in though?

Comment

There's a whole load on offer from the Open University.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                          There's a whole load on offer from the Open University.

Jeff
                          Everyone goes on about this Open University, is it even useful or recognised in the world?

Comment

Everyone goes on about this Open University, is it even useful or recognised in the world?
                            yup highly recognised - a lot of OU courses are considered to be very high quality due to the study regimen requiring a LOT of self control to get through.
                            “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                              yup highly recognised - a lot of OU courses are considered to be very high quality due to the study regimen requiring a LOT of self control to get through.
                              How does it work SD. Is it a internet option?

Comment

Working...
                              X