Last minute superdrug prereg assessment day advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last minute superdrug prereg assessment day advise

hi people, sorry ive left this a bit last minute but ive got the superdrug prereg interview tomorrow and i was hoping someone out there could give me some helpful advise
    anything would be appreciated
    thanks

Re: Last minute superdrug prereg assessment day advise

If you are in the habit of leaving things to the last minute--don't bother at all.
    johnep

Comment

its not that, well ive already had a couple of prereg interviews so i am kind of prepared but i just meant if there was anything specific for superdrug that would help me

Comment

Avis were nbr 2 to herz in car rentals so their motto was "we try harder".
        Sds are always near a Btc and tend to get people who have been to btc first.

Therefore at Sd "we try harder". Sd usually more helpful to pts and Pharmacy manager PMr is very much superior to smartscript.

Btc will not order OTC specials, but Sd will do so and this helps build customer loyalty. I am working at Sd on Thursday and Friday and looking forward to it.

all the best,
        johnep

Comment

im sorry but i have no idea what you have just written

ok no wait i get what you mean now, i just didnt understand the abbreviations at first

Comment

It all boils down to the fact that if pt has choice of BTC, LDS and SD, will usually try in that order. Same applies for preregs looking for placements.

Sd once sent a paper bag to pharmacists saying that they could put one over their heads if afraid to be seen in a Sd store applying for a job.

I confess that I was that way at first, but after now having worked for SD for several years, they are my first choice.
            johnep

Comment

i didnt know people felt like that about superdrug, im not that bothered about working in superdrug, in relation to boots i just see it as the smaller version, but aside from that i see boots and superdrug as the same

Comment

Founder of the original Sd was formerly employed by BTC and told 'not management material'. He therefor decided to try to upset BTC by siting his stores close by and undercutting prices. Also reckoned that BTC would know best sites and he could tag along.
                johnep

Comment

I worked for SD for 4 years, overall weren't a bad company to work for. Just watch out for the 'us and them' divide between pharmacy and rest of store. The reason i left was because of pharmacy staff getting 'borrowed' to fill up the sandwiches or crisps!!

Also find a busy pharmacy to work in, when i started the SD pharmacy did about 600 items a MONTH!! I can do that before lunch now!! Perhaps something in between, enought to keep you stimulated and provide you with good experience for your pre reg year

Comment

The assessment day was not stressful at all, and quite fun. I was interviewed in a group of 13 people. The one on one interview is very easy, no hard clinical questions. Just generic ones like "When have you overcome a problem?". The presentation title for us was "Why should I get a pre reg placement and why I would be a good manager" which we just had to present to one person via a poster.

The group task was about a pharmacy that had poor customer services and we were given options to deal with this problem. There is no right answer. You've just got to be able to argue for your point effectively. Make sure you keep to the deadline (15min goes by really fast) and try to be a leader. As a group we had to decide which one option to implement and present it to the manager. I think they're looking for people with the right personality (Confidence, Proactive etc.) and right skill set for Superdrugs (E.g. Teamwork, Leadership, Customer services). So try to present yourself as that and back up your claims with your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                      Founder of the original Sd was formerly employed by BTC and told 'not management material'.
                      At the time, he certainly wasn't a typical Boots manager. No tie, semi-casual.

He might well do better now, however!
                      ....just my opinion

Comment

Q's they asked:

Biggest personal achievement, what makes a good leader, biggest disappointment, how would you improve a store, when have you had to motivate yourself. Caclulations were easy. There was 10 questions. Just make sure you know w/w calculations and what % strengths are equivalent too.

Comment

Working...
                        X