Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industry Placements

What is the point of even getting one.
    Last edited by Asterix; 1, February 2009, 11:17 AM.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: Industry Placements

I did three months during first summer vacation at was was May and Baker in Dagenham.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      I did three months during first summer vacation at was was May and Baker in Dagenham.
      johnep
      are they still around the company?

I wouldn't mind astra zeneca

Comment

I think astra zeneca tend to their 6 month pre-reg split with hospital, but if you had your heart set on community for 6 months then I'm sure you'd be able to sort something out.

Comment

May and Baker were the company that developed M&B 693 which was the sulphonamide credited with saving Churchill's life. They were taken over by Rhone Poulenc who were the French company mainly involved with the early tricyclic psychotropics --Largactil.

Not sure if still a factory on site, have not been that way since the 60s.

M&B also produced narcotics remember walking past the coca extraction plant with leaves blowing about. Just a chain across the entrance.

At that time polyethylene bags were still a novelty and myself and a worker arrived at the gate with some empty ones. Asked what they contained, he said chemicals and was allowed to pass. me being politically correct said drugs and had them confiscated. I have tried not to describe medicines as drugs ever since.

If you used the old term Chemist and Druggist these days, the public would think you were a drug dealer.
          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Emmz View Post
            I think astra zeneca tend to their 6 month pre-reg split with hospital, but if you had your heart set on community for 6 months then I'm sure you'd be able to sort something out.
            Well I could quite happily do it with community thank you very much.
            Last edited by Asterix; 1, February 2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X