summer placments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer placments

do you get paid for doing them or are they like work experiance?

Thanks

Re: summer placments

most places will pay you - normally min. wage - as you can be a useful stop-gap when dispensers go on their summer hols!

if you're after a placement this summer you've probably left it a bit late but have a ring round of a few places - somewhere might be able to squeeze you in for a few weeks...
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

I've done a 6 week placement with Lloyds this summer, which was paid at £5.52/hr. I'm starting my hospital placement on Monday on Band 2 (which I think works out at about £6-£6.50/hr). Hope that helps.

Comment

how do you apply for hospital placements is there a certain website?

Comment

Originally posted by Ama2007 View Post
          how do you apply for hospital placements is there a certain website?
          [ w w w . p h a r m a l i f e . c o . u k ]

register, upload your CV and apply for summer placements/ hospital pre-reg.
          [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
          [/COLOR]

Comment

does this also apply for summer placements for 2nd years

Comment

Yup I applied in 1st year but didn't get a placement
              http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                Yup I applied in 1st year but didn't get a placement

you mean using the website Ray has given ,, because its not letting me to register and at the top it says pre-reg so could u plz provide the right website

thanks

Comment

you mean using the website Ray has given ,, because its not letting me to register and at the top it says pre-reg so could u plz provide the right website

thanks
                  Ama are you serious!! come on.....
                  press on " hospital pharmacy vacation placements" and apply!!
                  or just simply press on this link and register from there
                  [w w w.P h a r m a l i f e. c o. u k ]

it's quite early to apply for june/2009 summer placement..... wait till a couple of months then hit the site again
                  [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Hi Ama

The site Ray is on about is the one. If you go on the homepage now the info is out of date, but if you click on How to Apply all the details re vacation placements come up.

I think Ray is right in saying applications are early, if I were you though I would get a CV ready now so that you can apply early when the applications are open.

Good luck

Comment

do you know a good website where u can have your cv checked .my cv is not alot its just a one side A4 ,would that be okay?

Comment

do you know a good website where u can have your cv checked .my cv is not alot its just a one side A4 ,would that be okay?
                        Don't know of any website that "checks CVs", as it's pretty much your own thing...If you want to jazz it up a bit though, you may want to have a look here...

http://docs.google.com/templates?q=resume
                        Last edited by Fleegle; 13, September 2008, 03:03 PM.
                        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                          Hi Ama

The site Ray is on about is the one. If you go on the homepage now the info is out of date, but if you click on How to Apply all the details re vacation placements come up.

I think Ray is right in saying applications are early, if I were you though I would get a CV ready now so that you can apply early when the applications are open.

Good luck

i emailed them abt it and they said its closed,, its weird because when did it actually open.

Comment

Did you tell them you wanted to apply for 2009 summer placement ? Applications for next year's placements open around end of sep/start of oct (i think don't quote me)

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X