Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have still to make your choice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you have still to make your choice

    of university this might have some bearing

    University stripped of recognition on course : Express & Star:

    University stripped of recognition on course : Express & Star:

    Jeff

  • #2
    Re: If you have still to make your choice

    OMG – that’s terrible. I know a pharmacy professor from that University…he was the best teacher I had (he was in a different university then)…

    Very disappointed…
    Hope they sort it out
    Lazy Lady...
    [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: If you have still to make your choice

      It's only been going for a year. This is why you should never choose a uni which isn't accredited. What will happen to the students I wonder.
      3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: If you have still to make your choice

        Originally posted by giggsy View Post
        It's only been going for a year. This is why you should never choose a uni which isn't accredited. What will happen to the students I wonder.
        I don't think its fair to say this about new pharmacy schools. If this was the case then no one would go to the new schools. I went for the open day at Preston (UCLan) and its facilities were top notch, and their head of school was one of the senior staff from Manchester.

        The reason Wolves lost its accreditation was due to not having a member of staff in a certain position. Apparently the students complained about teaching methods at the school, but no reports have come out to confirm this or any findings from this. There are always bad lecturers at every university so this could be contributing to the complaints.

        I heard that potential new students can try and get into another school of pharmacy and if they do then Wolves will release their UCAS so the other school can take them. Though i imagine Wolves are trying as hard as they can to solve this problem and get re-accredited. If they don't then i guess this year will have counted for nothing for the students that go there.
        I like beef and i like liver, meow mix meow mix please deliver.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: If you have still to make your choice

          even if they were released, say a student got in with low grades at the time, he/she wouldn't be able to find another pharmacy school will they.
          3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: If you have still to make your choice

            wolves will probably get it sorted - look at all the trouble DMU had in the past...seems to me that pharmsoc might have been a bit heavy-handed - after all, how key is a 'head of research' to the quality of the teaching course? Not much 'till postgrad level....
            “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

            Terry Pratchett

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: If you have still to make your choice

              Originally posted by giggsy View Post
              even if they were released, say a student got in with low grades at the time, he/she wouldn't be able to find another pharmacy school will they.
              They're only released if they find a place at another school. Wolves will not release them until that point. Please make sure you are reading my posts properly - don't wanna get accused of saying something I didn't now do I?
              I like beef and i like liver, meow mix meow mix please deliver.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: If you have still to make your choice

                Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                wolves will probably get it sorted - look at all the trouble DMU had in the past...seems to me that pharmsoc might have been a bit heavy-handed - after all, how key is a 'head of research' to the quality of the teaching course? Not much 'till postgrad level....
                well dmu still haven't sorted their mess out have they?
                3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: If you have still to make your choice

                  Originally posted by TigerSwift View Post
                  They're only released if they find a place at another school. Wolves will not release them until that point. Please make sure you are reading my posts properly - don't wanna get accused of saying something I didn't now do I?


                  But it's still pointless if they can't all find a different uni right?
                  3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: If you have still to make your choice

                    Originally posted by giggsy View Post


                    But it's still pointless if they can't all find a different uni right?
                    Well, not if Wolves get re-accredited again. There is a a small caption in this weeks C+D saying that wolves has been in talks with RPSGB about getting their accreditation back, but neither party has commented as of yet.
                    I like beef and i like liver, meow mix meow mix please deliver.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: If you have still to make your choice

                      stop press! wolves got their course back!

                      Accreditation restored to Wolverhampton degree course | PJ Online
                      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

                      Terry Pratchett

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: If you have still to make your choice

                        I read in c+d about that.

                        Is the university of ulster opening a new pharmacy school? too many pharmacy schools these days if you ask me.
                        3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: If you have still to make your choice

                          Originally posted by giggsy View Post
                          well dmu still haven't sorted their mess out have they?
                          Yes we have.

                          We officially 'sorted our mess out' a few months ago

                          I'm surprised there were serious problems anyway, most of the staff know their stuff and are really good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: If you have still to make your choice

                            Originally posted by giggsy View Post
                            I read in c+d about that.

                            Is the university of ulster opening a new pharmacy school? too many pharmacy schools these days if you ask me.
                            Yeah, University of Ulster (Colraine campus) is hoping to open next year. However, this shouldn't really affect us because they are catering for Irish and Northern Irish Students and they are not joining the new GPharmC nor the New Professional Body so i am not worried in the slightest
                            I like beef and i like liver, meow mix meow mix please deliver.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X