whatis the best reliable A level equivalent to study pharmacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whatis the best reliable A level equivalent to study pharmacy

hello everyone, i want to study pharmacy and i've been told to complete an access to science course that it will do and i'm willing to start this september but i've found a college near me where i can do a science fondation year but it was in coperation with a local univrsity where they dont even offer pharmacy, but it says other universities might accept it, i was just wondering which one is better and easier to pass and which one will help me better in different univeristy that i would apply to, is it a science foundation year or an access to science. thanks P.S it's not science foundation degree its year course, they are way different.

Re: whatis the best reliable A level equivalent to study pharmacy

In the old days it was Chem,Phys,Biol. I found physics hard but just knuckled down. Now physics teachers becoming extinct. Best course is look at uni website for entrance requirements.
    johnep

Comment

i did chem phys and biol a-levels and ended up having to take a foundation maths course as part of my studies at bath in the first year.
      not sure if the goalposts have been moved again but i would go for chem biol and maths a-levels - especially as you can do modular courses for maths and chem making your studies easier to be focused...
      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

a btec in pharmacy services or nvq level 4 accuracy in dispensing is a good non-academic route into pharmacy. Several mature students on my course (mostly the very on-the-ball ones) had done a btec from being dispensers, and i met one nvq level3 dispensing tech from the co-op who got a place on manchesters course about 4 years ago.
        “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
        X