Third year resits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third year resits?

so i got my results, but ive failed 5/6 :- not sure how, i thought i did ok - was so shocked when i saw it

we get normally 90 credits to resit, but so far my modules have come to 105! there is 1 30credit module which i got 39.2 or something so i just missed out, im thinking to get this module remarked, if this is possible [i doubt it though from what i have heard] and if it does go up, then i should be able to re-sit my other modules!

Not sure about retaking the year, since they have changed the pharmacy course at my uni now, my year is the last of the 'old' programme, so i think we have to start from strach from year 1!

any ideas anyone?

otherwise im screwed :-S

thanks

Re: Third year resits?

I don't like this idea of repeating this year, it seems so pointless for the sake of one module tbh. I don't get why you would have to redo it all from year 1 though, which uni you at?
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

its not just 1 module, its 5 out of 6, [and im at DMU]

its because they have changed the programme of the course now, so i cant retake year because it will be different stuff then,

its not looking too good for me at the mo, im close to being kicked off completely unless i have a valid excuse[ which i somewhat do but havnt mentioned it yet, thinking on what do do etc]

Comment

Originally posted by Spoony View Post
        its not just 1 module, its 5 out of 6, [and im at DMU]

its because they have changed the programme of the course now, so i cant retake year because it will be different stuff then,

its not looking too good for me at the mo, im close to being kicked off completely unless i have a valid excuse[ which i somewhat do but havnt mentioned it yet, thinking on what do do etc]
        Can't you just re-sit the exams at the end of summer and do a proper job this time?

I wouldn't worry about using the "valid" excuse - go ahead and get that excuse in NOW !

When I was at uni my mate did a re-sit (I had to do it too) and came out and basically said that was him gone as he knew he'd failed it again. He went to his GP the same afternoon and told him his aunty had died the night before, and he couldn't keep his mind on his exam because of all the stress. The uni bought it hook line and sinker, and he was allowed another re-sit when he finally passed. He had completely made it all up, but said he couldn't think of anything else to do.

Another student had fallen off a motorbike the day before the exam, and hadn't had the chance to go to the hospital for an X-ray, but trust me I saw her leg and her knee was twice the size of the other one. When she hobbled into the re-sit one of the oh so lovely lecturer at the door saw her and immediately said "don't think that will get you off anything if you fail" - nice hey!

So my own experience tells me, to tell you, to go for a "mental stress" type of excuse. They won't buy "but my knee cap is cracked in two but I won't find out until after I finish this exam and then go to get an X-ray" sort of excuse with real X-rays to back it up. They prefer some made up crap about your aunty/uncle/cousin getting hit by a truck and you can't cope, kind of an excuse. It's also very difficult for your GP to find out the truth, so he'll take you at face value, believe you, and write you some kind of sick note/letter for the Uni.

Just my humble opinion from my own experience...........
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

my best mate had to do his law & ethics exam with blood leaking out of his ear - he itched it and burst a rather nasty infection developing in it...
          the callous sods made him re-sit the thing.

funnily enough that was about the only exam i didn't re-sit at uni...
          “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

All this reminds me of the press report on student refused entry to med school because of lapse in youth. I wonder what happened to Percy Plum.
            johnep

Comment

Working...
            X