Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schools of Pharmacy - Ex Students Opinions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schools of Pharmacy - Ex Students Opinions!

Hi Pharmacists

Would people take a few minutes to write a bit about their school of pharmacy. If you could put things like: -

Did you enjoy being there?
    Was the course taught ok in your view?
    What are the advantages of going there
    Any tips for somebody applying to go there
    etc etc etc

This could add to a nice reference for students viewing the forum.

Thanks

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Cardiff uni

Get to cardiff uni!!!!!!!!!!, massive sports involvement with football, netball rugby every wednesday, Awesome social life in the close knit Welsh School of Pharmacy Students Association (WPSA), Cardiff is a class night out (and swansea next door), millenium stadium, cardiff city, cardiff blues, awesome 1st year accomodation, located away from the crime and the grime - unlike manchester, largest students union in Britain (club, snooker hall, bar, gig hall). Friendly lecturers, reunion when you finish.

Bo selecta

Comment

Schools of Pharmacy

Sorry, it's been way to long for me to contribute.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
        Did you enjoy being there?
        Was the course taught ok in your view?
        What are the advantages of going there
        Any tips for somebody applying to go there
        etc etc etc
        Hi everyone,
        as I've said before I am an iranian pharmacist. I studied in Isfahan University of Medical services (www.mui.ac.ir). I did like the faculty. I learned a lot, amongst how to learn and what to learn! well, I did have very wonderful freinds there. for me it was the best university in Iran some how, not that far from home (yet a bit far any way!) and very good in scientific feild. but I still believe that the pharmacy eduaction in my country is not god enough cause as the other mmebers mentioned before, there are lots of things yet to be learnd! we had a very helpful library, so I did spend lot of time using it, and a very wonderful computer site (?) that allowed me to learn using computer very quickly since it was not that available that time in Iran. very good preofessors I have to add also. some of them very very nice people that i can rely on them as my friends, the true ones.
        but I think the uni professors should work as retail pahramcist or something so that they can teach us much better LOL!

Comment

John Moores

I had offers from Sunderland and Manchester but for some reason I went to John Moores Liverpool.

The staff there seemed obsessed in making you do presentations, in front of your practical group, tutorial group, even the full year. I never understood why, as most people hate them, and it's not a part of a general pharmacists job. Well I have never had to do one anyway.

The parking at the college was bad. The facilities in general were ok I suppose. The places where I lived were horrendous. I won't mention the lecturers.

All in all I wouldn't pick it as your first choice.
          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Manchester School of Pharmacy

A great idea for a resource and it's something the British Pharmaceutical Students' Association have been working on too in their course guide at http://www.bpsa.com

I'm a 4th year student at Manchester and I've a couple of weeks left to go before I graduate... woo hooo.

Manchester has been a great place to study and I have thoroughly enjoyed the course and the student life. There are 60,000 students in Manchester so it has a vibrant student scene and there is plenty to get involved with.

The course itself is currently being redeveloped based on student feedback, which is always a good thing, and benefits from large input by the Pharmacists at the local teaching hospitals and community-pharmacy pracitioners.

I've reviewed it properly at bpsa.com as have some other students.

Rich.
            _____

Comment

Originally posted by admin
              John Moores

I had offers from Sunderland and Manchester but for some reason I went to John Moores Liverpool.

The staff there seemed obsessed in making you do presentations, in front of your practical group, tutorial group, even the full year. I never understood why, as most people hate them, and it's not a part of a general pharmacists job. Well I have never had to do one anyway.

The parking at the college was bad. The facilities in general were ok I suppose. The places where I lived were horrendous. I won't mention the lecturers.

All in all I wouldn't pick it as your first choice.
              Thanks for the heads up! :s:
              Already applied there though so hopefully I get other offers.

Comment

MANCHESTER UNI!!!

Spent 4 years there and enjoyed every aspect of it!
                Staff were great!!
                Students were great!!
                Had a wide mixture of people - so was easy to find friends!
                The campus was in city center - so fun was just round the corner!!
                With 3 uni's within 5 mins walking distance - it had a great atmosphere!!
                The course didnt contain maths, presentations or even many practicals - you couldnt have asked for more!! You just walked through it all (but it did prepare u well for life ahead)!

Comment

nah brighton all the way. The city is amazing for nightlife everyone loves it here, plus we have a beach! Its great for watersports and just being a student. You cant ask for more

Comment

You guys just make it more and more difficult for me! lol
                    I've applied to Manchester and Brighton aswell and have an interview at Manchester on the 8th! A little nervous about it but I should be fine if I do enough research. Hopefully .

Comment

hey beesknees!!

whos ur interview with? let me know and i will give you tips!!
                      dont be nervous!! you will be fine!!

ooh you guys make me miss uni!
                      dont reject the oppourtunity of going to manchester!

Comment

Hi nadie- I live in Birmingham too . Nice to know you can earn 60k as a locum even in brum.

I haven't a clue with whom i'll have my interview!! The letter just says I'll have an interview with a member of the school of pharmacy academic staff. Does crickf mean anything to you? It's a password for something so I thought it might be my interviewer or something but probably not. The undergraduate admissions tutor is Dr David Allison (the letter is signed with his name). Maybe he'll be interviewing me? I heard that the Manchester pharmacy interview is pretty gruelling so it's the one i'm most nervous about. Give me any tips if you have any, i'll be needing them!!!

Last edited by BeesKnees; 28, October 2006, 05:19 PM.

Comment

is brighton any good?
                          3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

I love brighton, go there!!! Its a really good city to be in for the student life and the course is pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by mm45 View Post
                              I love brighton, go there!!! Its a really good city to be in for the student life and the course is pretty good too.
                              hey dude, do u have msn, then i can pester u with more questions
                              3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Working...
                              X