pre-reg exam and post pre-reg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-reg exam and post pre-reg

ive sent of the £189 entry fee last week and ive got my reply back today (the post card i enclosed), does anybody know or have any idea when I should know by if ive been entered and my paperwork/application was ok.

Also I wonder how I will afford to pay the £395 registration fee plus the lawyer costs this first time, money's been really tight this year and im still going into and out of my student overdraft (ive still got it), id be really stuck if the bank found out I was in full time employment and no longer technically a student.

btw how much are the lawyer costs ive not really looked into that, and what other hidden costs are there except for the registration fee? if people could please help!!! or offers their opinions!! or offer anything!!
    We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Re: pre-reg exam and post pre-reg

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
    ive sent of the £189 entry fee last week and ive got my reply back today (the post card i enclosed), does anybody know or have any idea when I should know by if ive been entered and my paperwork/application was ok.

Also I wonder how I will afford to pay the £395 registration fee plus the lawyer costs this first time, money's been really tight this year and im still going into and out of my student overdraft (ive still got it), id be really stuck if the bank found out I was in full time employment and no longer technically a student.

btw how much are the lawyer costs ive not really looked into that, and what other hidden costs are there except for the registration fee? if people could please help!!! or offers their opinions!! or offer anything!!
    What are the Lawyer costs involved?
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

actually for registration it says a copy of the passport, birth certificate is needed and this needs to be signed/certified by what they call a registered notary but could also be done by a solicitor in good standing with the society, so how much would that cost, (I think the initial regitsration cost is £195 not £395), any help or info on the notary or solicitor fee for the above??
      We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

It should cost very little, if anything at all. I had my registration certificate stolen once from my car boot, and had to have the loss certified in this way before they would issue a replacement. My solicitor did not charge me at all, as it is merely a signature and stamp that is required.
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

In 1995 RPSGB walked about 20 of us over a bridge in London to a solicitor's and
          it cost 5 pounds each

In 2006 it cost 10 euros in Dun Laoghaire to get the same thing done for PSI, so it's a nuisance but won't break the bank!

Comment

I got mine certified for free, and some mortgage advice thrown in free for good measure also!! I think after exam fees and £190 registration, thats all the fees till Janurary! I hope!!! Unlee god forbid it all goes wrong and needs a re take!!

Comment

sounds like you guys had yours certified by your current solicitor etc... so they didnt charge you, I dont have a solicitor and never had to use one. Whats the advice for me then?

Comment

I dont/didnt have a solicitor- i just popped into a solicitors office and explained what i needed with a wee bit of me irish charm, he said grand, com back tomorrow with my photocopied pass port and proof of address, he would certify both and that was that-
                We dont need address to be certified by the way- this guy was just keen to do it just incase!
                All he literally done was look at my original stamp and sign the copy- it hardly deserves payment!! Just pop in to any solicitor and tell them what you need they will be more than happy to help as they will see it as an investment- be nice to you you will come back when you do need a solicitor- for mortgage etc!! = Good Luck.

Comment

Sound advice.. If you have any problems with the first one you try, just go to the next one...they usually all practise on the same street anyway!
                  Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
                    actually for registration it says a copy of the passport, birth certificate is needed and this needs to be signed/certified by what they call a registered notary but could also be done by a solicitor in good standing with the society, so how much would that cost, (I think the initial regitsration cost is £195 not £395), any help or info on the notary or solicitor fee for the above??
                    Isn't the birth certificate certified by pre-reg tutor? Judging by the guidance they sent us, it seems it's only the passport and (if applicable), statutory declaration that a solicitor needs to certify.

Comment

my point was that a solicitor will be needed to sign something, doesnt really matter if it's passport or birth certificate, either way the payments if any will be the same.

now also, imder and fleegel, dont you have to first see like a secretary or receptionist before you can see a solicitor, im sure solicitors arent that accessable, you sure it wasnt a receptionist pretending to be a solicitor, lol!

Comment

Piss off Solly.
                        Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Hi,
                          It is time to stop now!

Make a point, full stop, please!

Comment