Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflective essay

Hi everyone,

I've got to write a series of short reflective essays for Monday, I meant to do them last week but just don't seem to be able to get started. I'm just not in a reflective mood. Any advice please.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
    (T. Pratchett)

Re: Reflective essay

Originally posted by paul2008 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've got to write a series of short reflective essays for Monday, I meant to do them last week but just don't seem to be able to get started. I'm just not in a reflective mood. Any advice please.
    Blame Donald Schon.

He wrote a book back in 1983

Schön, D. (1983) The Reflective Practitioner. How professionals think in action,

It has influenced education and professional CPD requirements.

Whose needs do your actions serve?
    ==============================
    Say a patient that you suspect to be codeine addict comes in for another pack of Nurofen Plus
    Does a refusal to sell meet the needs of the patient or the RPSGB?
    Should the refusal to sell be supplemented with the advise to seek help? (where from?)
    Should the refusal to sell be made in public or in a private area/consultation room?
    Does banning the addict from the shop meet your needs or the patients?
    Should you participate in a taper plan for the patient to reduce from 30 N + per day they are currently by agreeing to supply up to that many per day and having an agreed target for reduction?
    Do any of your answers change dependant on workload?
    ===================================

Good luck

Jeff

Comment

Re: Reflective essay

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      Blame Donald Schon.

He wrote a book back in 1983

Schön, D. (1983) The Reflective Practitioner. How professionals think in action,

It has influenced education and professional CPD requirements.

Whose needs do your actions serve?
      ==============================
      Say a patient that you suspect to be codeine addict comes in for another pack of Nurofen Plus
      Does a refusal to sell meet the needs of the patient or the RPSGB?
      Should the refusal to sell be supplemented with the advise to seek help? (where from?)
      Should the refusal to sell be made in public or in a private area/consultation room?
      Does banning the addict from the shop meet your needs or the patients?
      Should you participate in a taper plan for the patient to reduce from 30 N + per day they are currently by agreeing to supply up to that many per day and having an agreed target for reduction?
      Do any of your answers change dependant on workload?
      ===================================

Good luck

Jeff
      Thanks Jeff, that explains a lot. There may be good theory behind it but in implementation I think people just write what they think the marker wants to see. I am not convinced that it is of any practical use.
      Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
      (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Working...
      X