Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little advice on something.. (alcohol dependency essay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little advice on something.. (alcohol dependency essay)

I have composed my own essay title and I know what I want to include for the discussion. However, I was just wondering what advice you guys could offer having been part of the NHS for some time and having to deal with patients on a daily basis;

'If a substance is abused and is publicly known to have detrimental side effects, should the NHS therefore be accountable to pay for their health care treatment?'

Any comments will be greatly appeciated whether they're with ethical, moral or general concerns.

Thankyou!

P.s, I hope this is in the right section(?)
    [SIZE="3"][B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Long road to ruin there in your eyes
    Under the cold streetlights
    No tomorrow, no dead end in sight[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Re: A little advice on something.. (alcohol dependency essay)

Well I don't think the NHS should be made to pay for it personally. At the end of the day it depends on the individual.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Originally posted by Roberttt View Post
      I have composed my own essay title and I know what I want to include for the discussion. However, I was just wondering what advice you guys could offer having been part of the NHS for some time and having to deal with patients on a daily basis;

'If a substance is abused and is publicly known to have detrimental side effects, should the NHS therefore be accountable to pay for their health care treatment?'

Any comments will be greatly appeciated whether they're with ethical, moral or general concerns.

Thankyou!

P.s, I hope this is in the right section(?)
      It saddens me that the question is even asked - makes me feel like I've lived too long.

Jeff

Comment

I don't really wish to answer it neither but I am having to - what a shame!
        [SIZE="3"][B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Long road to ruin there in your eyes
        Under the cold streetlights
        No tomorrow, no dead end in sight[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Roberttt View Post
          I don't really wish to answer it neither but I am having to - what a shame!
          LOL.

If you don't care what degree to get -
          Treat education as a "susbstance" look at it's effects on mental health and argue that those people educated beyond graduate level should have to pay to have any mental health problems treated.
          Education is an industry in the UK - the suggestion that it could be in any way harmful is likely to be resisted by those involved in that industry. That the costs involved in treating the alleged harms of education be born by those educated individuals so affected threatens the education industry.

Then substitute in tobacco - and some old adverts promoting its use.

Then alcohol.

Why limit the question to substances and not include all risky activities. Skiing, rugby, driving, unprotected sex.

Jeff

Comment

Herion - We give free methadone and needles out.

I recently worked in a mad PCT who give out supervised methadone and then needles, citric etc to the same addict!

Comment

Working...
            X