Boots URGENT summer placement and time off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots URGENT summer placement and time off

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me on the following matter. I have a 8 week summer placement in boots this summer and it has just come to my attention I cannot work the final two days of the last week as there is a family wedding on and I need to travel. I have no one to contact at the specific boots I will be working at and just wanted to know how hard it would be to get these two days off and make these two days up later if I give them notice now? If someone could help me ASAP as I need to find out from someone how much of a problem this would be? Thanks

Re: Boots URGENT summer placement and time off

Hi there. Im doing my third year placement with boots this summer too. In my first year I did the summer placement and they were fine with letting me have time off for special events. Obviously I cant speak for BTC but im sure if you explain the situation in advance of the day you need off it should be ok. What region are you in by the way? I have contact details for members of the south west summer placement managment team if that helps.

ps I hoping for a good couple of weeks off myself this summer as I have to have an operation smack bang in the middle of the eight weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by mm45 View Post
      Hi there. Im doing my third year placement with boots this summer too. In my first year I did the summer placement and they were fine with letting me have time off for special events. Obviously I cant speak for BTC but im sure if you explain the situation in advance of the day you need off it should be ok. What region are you in by the way? I have contact details for members of the south west summer placement managment team if that helps.

ps I hoping for a good couple of weeks off myself this summer as I have to have an operation smack bang in the middle of the eight weeks.
      Thanks for the info. I'm in my second year. My placement is in Boots, Oxford Street, London. I don't suppose you know where I could find the details to contact the people that arrange the placements in the London area? Thanks

Comment

Don't worry. As long as you tell them in advance (some people just fail to turn up) someone will swap duties with you. Just write to Store Manager.
        johnep

Comment

Ok thanks, I have sent them an e-mail to the only e-mail address I have for the summer placements. Then I will find out who I have to contact. Thanks for your help, you've put my mind at ease.

Comment

Ok so I won't be able to contact my store manager i'll be working for until friday, to ask about time off but in the mean time I need to arrange travel arrangements which I can not put on hold. In your experience how easy should it be for me to get three days off in august with boots? What should I do, I really can not wait to contact the manager on friday, what should I do?

Comment

In the words of NIKE 'just do it'. If you've gotto have the time off then you have to. Im sure they will understand, they might ask you to make it up afterwards, or just deduct your pay. From my experience you will be an extra member off staff and they should be aware as a student you will have some other commiments over your summer.

Comment

Yep, people should understand that travel arrangements have to be made a long time in advance.
                johnep

Comment

Originally posted by mysteryman View Post
                  My placement is in Boots, Oxford Street, London.
                  The one to the West of Oxford Circus? Good luck with that store. I've worked there. It's, ahem, what may allegedly be considered by some to be rather 'not so good' (i.e. ****).

Don't let that put you off though. As a student at least you don't have any responsibility for anything that happens and it will give you good experience of the tough end of pharmacy. But it is Oxford Street I suppose.

I'nm sure the time off thing won't be a problem. It's unreasonable to let someone work 8 weeks straight without a break. If it is a problem just feign sickness.

Comment

Originally posted by N.T View Post
                    The one to the West of Oxford Circus? Good luck with that store. I've worked there. It's, ahem, what may allegedly be considered by some to be rather 'not so good' (i.e. ****).

Don't let that put you off though. As a student at least you don't have any responsibility for anything that happens and it will give you good experience of the tough end of pharmacy. But it is Oxford Street I suppose.

I'nm sure the time off thing won't be a problem. It's unreasonable to let someone work 8 weeks straight without a break. If it is a problem just feign sickness.
                    I was a bit skeptical about it at first. Its number 790 but that don't exist to my knowledge so must be a mistake and 490 the big one. I'm just gonna go and see how I get on, hopefully it will be okay. I've booked the flights for the wedding, am just gonna go, theres nothing I can do about it now. *Fingers crossed*

Comment

Originally posted by N.T View Post
                      My favourite branch of Boots - many years ago they had a RS232 for the Amstrad wordprocessor on the shelf and had missed the first digit off the price ticket.

The £100 saving was too good to miss.

Jeff

Comment

So i'm all off to the family wedding, whether boots like it or not. The manager is being a complete nightmare to get hold of to ask. Ahh the disadvantages of working in such a big store.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                          My favourite branch of Boots - many years ago they had a RS232 for the Amstrad wordprocessor on the shelf and had missed the first digit off the price ticket.

The £100 saving was too good to miss.

Jeff
                          Ahhh...it's the small victories against The Man which are the sweetest!

Comment

Working...
                          X